1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nembo Super 32 - bike with upside down engine

Discussion in 'General' started by nd4spd, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Doesn't look very comfortable but it's a cool design. Lots of billet & carbon fiber.

http://bit.ly/dWZgjP

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

what the hell kind of link is that? I ain't clicking that...

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It's a link shortening service. Useful for rickrolling people.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm down with the RickRoll! But that looks like every spam e-mail I get with a link to a trojen and malware. If I can't verify where my browser is taking me, I'll just pass...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Neat project. Doesn't look very useful but certainly nice as a piece of machine art.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

And yeah, you do run a risk of getting redirected somewhere not nice. Gotta just trust the person linking you, really :/

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nifty neato but what's the benefits?

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

is it me or does the thing look top heavy and the muffler pipe will drag?
    [​IMG]

10. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I still don't understand why every motorcycle mfgr doesn't put the intake tract in teh front and the exhaust out the rear. Seems it would be a more efficient way to design the top end.

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Pipe length optimizations would be my guess. The shorter your pipe length, the higher rpm its "peak" is. For a peak at 15k rpm, you need a pipe that's about four and a half feet long. If the exhaust were at the rear, you'd have a max pipe length of maybe 2'.. meaning a power peak at ~30k rpm.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have. Yamaha TZR reverse cylinders is one that comes to mind. I remember MV Augusta looking at doing it as well.

5axis likes this.
  13. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

what about the oil... its all going straight to the head and no where near the crank... hell if you ride a wheelie long enough with out oil getting to the pick up... boom... and second if you managed to figure out the oil problem... if you can figure out how to beat gravity... (good luck it kicks my ass every time I try lol) why would you use a carb... just go with FI... o well I'm done criticizing lol looks cool though.

14. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Last time my bikes engine was upside down it smoked an awful lot.

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Looks like somebody took a hit off Erik Buell's bong! :D

5axis and TLR67 like this.
  16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Neat design exersize, but I don't get it either. Rotating engine parts even higher up? No thanks.

17. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Fugly

You guys musta went to some kinda niceness seminar over the holidays!
    Looks exactly like what a team of engineers would come up with if given (literally) the funds by some 1/2 brain tweaked, son of a billionaire, with the design theme of "make it look unlike anything else out there".
    I'm sure folks are lining up as we speak...

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

All that custom milling and fabrication and they leave a Caliper Mount hanging empty on the right... Blingtastic...

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:crackup:

I just looked at it again and had the same thought! Tailsection is too small too. F*ck it, it's fugly. It's way better than anything it could do, but still.... c'mon. :rolleyes:

20. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

:stupid: Well, they aren't actually riding it in any of the pics. Maybe they haven't figured out how to make it work yet...:rolleyes: