1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson. Who's going?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich Graver, Aug 19, 2013.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Wow! that nice huh?:D

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Good to see the folks that came out for the Nelson round, weather couldn't have been better, riding could have (couple of red flags) but I think everyone made it out OK.

Congrats to everyone who got to ride around the flashy bus and keep their wits about them in the last twins race - good job.

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Heh that was me inside the flashy bus in the last lwt race. Sporting a sweet plaster cast for my wrist and looks like the rest of my season is done.

Thanks to WERA and all the corner workers for putting on a good show as always!

4. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Dang it Dave. I was looking forward to trying to stay with you and Joe at the beav. Glad you are basically ok though. :up:

5. Evil Cupcake

Evil Cupcake Active Member

Was skeptical as I drove in Thursday night as they were close to closing the gates...looked like a 3rd world country.

Extremely fun weekend overall and thanks to the Race crew on hosting the sat eve BBQ. First time there...despite the long drive, patched up track (bouncing off my seat in T-4 and the kink ) I'll return next year.

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

That flashy bus stuff was interesting. Hope that wrist heels fast Dave, in the meantime hopefully I can get caught up to you. The 419 cookout was a pretty good time especially for some haha. Good to drink some beers with old friends and make some new. Hopefully we can pull together the same kind of thing at Beaverun.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Nice work Matt. When are gonna put a busa engine in that POS Fiat? :D

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Had a good time as always. It's tough being towards the end of the season when people are out of the points, as Nelson doesn't sell itself like some other tracks. Going up against trackdays at Grattan and Putnam, as well as CCS at Summit makes it tough as well - scheduling conflicts are often unavoidable.

Great weather though - probably the best we've had all year.

:beer:

9. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

What does it have to sell vs. the others you mentioned?

10. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

The weather was perfect! Had a great time. There was some great racing going on. Hate to see Ron get taken out the way he did.