1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges...

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Confirmed it was Aug 2014 as I raced it. Interestingly I had my only clean sweep in my illustrious racing career. Started 1st and finished 1st in all 3 of my races. It was a “lightly” attended event. That’s for sure.

2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

From a night race there in Sept 2005

Attached Files:

JBall and Todd@MPH like this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have done 2 of the 24 hr. There is nothing else to compare to one of those races. I would be tempted to do another if it were to happen, but realistically, I am too old to do another one of those as a rider. They were awesome.

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I think you underestimate how irresponsible I can be with my money.

5. mike-guy

And it’s no longer on the schedule already?!?!

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Scheduling conflict.
    Jim Sublet texted me about it the other day.
    At least we have hope in the future.

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. mike-guy

Heart breaking. I’m hoping wera and other clubs be it cars or bikes can start supporting them again. I feel as if it will be a two way street with the repairs. People start showing up the more repairs and progress the track will see.

DucatiBomber and Todd@MPH like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, Roger Lyle had it set for a track day and wouldn't give it up. None of the open dates worked as they conflicted with other events in the same area.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Not trying to start anything, just looking for clarification.
    How did that date get chosen then? Was it open when you added it and he was just the first to put money down?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not starting anything at all. Just miscommunication, we were talking to one person about a date and there was another booking dates as well. They just didn't have the full schedule coordinated. Roger booked dates much earlier as his criteria for tracks isn't remotely as stringent as ours, so with him not being willing to give it up it's his date. We'll get it figured out for 2019.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

This is part of why roadracing suffers. Too many cooks in the kitchen - losing a race weekend, due to a track day. Color this, disappointing.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about their business, but, if they strictly relied on race organizations to pay the bills, not sure they would be able to afford to make the changes that they did that brought race organizations back to the track. Track days help race tracks remain race tracks.

13. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Well Eddie said “Roadracing suffers” not the tracks so...

Ride safe,
    AAron

ekraft84 likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If you're going to make sense, you'll have to leave...

:D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Indeed they do!

[woosh!]

:D

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You were making a funny? Should have known. Mongo, and only Mongo, can actually make roadracing suffer.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They only recently started allowing motorcycles back on the track...it's not a lack of money. It's a time consuming endeavor to fix everything that is wrong with the track while jumping through all of the EPA and government hoops concerning the clean up of the track. The new owner didn't feel that it was safe for motorcycles to be on the track with the condition that it was in but it was ok for cars as the cars have more protection. I applaud the new owner for trying to do what is right for the track, and making it better and safer for everyone who wants to use it.

bacolmm and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Oh shit....the track I thought would never be fixed up.....

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Maybe not.

Been to Grattan? People support it and they just add sealer. We were there last weekend. There are now potholes in the race line...

In the mean time, the cars tear it up.

They probably need to increase fees considerably....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    5axis likes this.
  20. condon66

condon66 Member well known

But at least the opportunity was there to be lost. Losing a date to a TD org has nothing to do with RR'ing suffering.