1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges update

Discussion in 'General' started by Jim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

If this doesn't start a flame fest, nothin will.

Just got back from the track. They have repaved everything that was bad. Specifically, T1 thru the entrance to T3. All the bumps and patches are GONE. They also paved from about half way thru the carousel (for those of you who are regulars, before the bump) well out onto the back straight. All those bumps and patches are GONE. Also the kink has been paved. In other words, the track is in good shape. Scott also showed me where he is improving runoff by either moving the trees, grading the runoff, or ready for this, GRAVEL TRAPS.

The job was done while we were at GNF. And more important, there will be no traffic on it until spring.

Overall the place has had a major cleanup and more is planned.
    There are hot showers and flush toilets. 1 flusher for the guys and 2 for tha girls.

Is the place perfect? No! I am not crazy about all of the work, but on a 10 scale the upgrade is a 7+.

I have reccomended to HQ that we run three or four events there. Two sprints and a NATIONAL, in that order.

I also have pictures of the paving. I might post them after the film is developed. You do know what film is, right?

Flame On,

Jim Sublet

2. johndeerebling

johndeerebling Active Member

I loved nelson before they did any repaving a couple years back, kind of reminded me of the backroads were i learned to ride, kinda who ever has the biggest set win the race. the layout is my favorite of the tracks ive been on

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You thought it was fast before...!!!:eek:

4. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Sounds great! Iam pumped. Hell like I said before I would even come out and help if he wanted. This track getting faster will be unreal to ride on!!

5. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

So no new pavement at turn 4??? The rest sounds great but why stop at T3?? :confused:

Also, wasn't the kink repaved earlier this year, or was it last year? Too many races to get it straight.

So what you're saying Jim is the kink got REPAVED? There was a hell of a dip even after the previous paving was done. Is that gone?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  6. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

As far as the track being faster, my guess is at least 1/2 sec. That is the reason Scott is working on all the runof.

As to the kink, I should have said the entrance to the kink. That SHOULD take care of that bump. I could not try it at speed so I am using my disclaimer on that one. Honestly that is one of the areas that could have been done a little differently. But I think that area will be much better than it was.

Jim

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If anyone doesn't like the track, you gotta at least appreciate the effort going into making it better.

:beer:

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Agreed! :beer:

9. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

I hear the improvements are being made in efforts of securing a MotoGP event! :D

Very cool! Thumbs up for the improvements.
    This should be interesting.

Thanks for the update Mr. Jimlet Sub.
    :cool:

Keith Reed
    #69 / EXpert
    www.empty-pockets-racing.com

10. still novice

still novice Guest

I can just see Rossi,Max and Nicky interview from the tech shed. The 3 of them sitting at Speedy's fold out table.:beer:

11. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

fuck who cares about the track what about the pits is what needs pavement the track has always had pavement.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I am one of the biggest haters of Nelson.I always thought the layout was great.If what vou're saying is so,Very Cool, and it's about time!We shall see, and thanks for the update!

13. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

yes, I am all for a National there

14. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

I don't get all the hulabaloo about the flushing toilets.

The flushing toilet stalls were unlocked last year for the Fasttrax event, at least the ones in the women's bathroom were unlocked. Were they still locked for the WERA events?

And the showers have always been hot, especially when one turns up the thermostats on the water heaters that are in the women's shower room.

The only problem with the showers now is that when the toilets are flushed the water pressure in the showers goes down to a trickle. Not good at all when you are caught in the shower.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You would be:rolleyes:

16. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Warning: I'm about to "Dan" this thread.

17. Wade Parish

Perfect. When someone had said they were gonna or did pave from the kink to the end of the front straight, I thought it was weird 'cuz, IMHO, those were the few places that didn't need it!

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dan it up big boy. give it your best shot. :D

19. Wade Parish

No Kidding! I'm almost more scared of it NOW!

20. Wade Parish

What was wrong with T4? I never noticed anything.