1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need the Skinny on Nelson

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Just looking for an update on how everyone did (before mylaps gets uploaded) and what trouble the shocker crew got into ;)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too, results shoul dgo up tomorrow, Sharon is driving back today.

3. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Chubby, when will talladega results be up?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soon as I remember to go downstairs and grab the memory stick they're on....

5. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

:wow:

That is not the image I want to have in my mind at anytime.

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Larry Glaze totalled his GSXR in F1 Novice past turn one. Jim Sublet has photos, but Larry tucked the front end WFO in 3rd gear.

Larry slid, tumbled, slid, tumbled, slid, tumbled and ended up about 70 yards and in a tire barrier. No injuries except he re-tore is tendon on his foor which just had fixed.

The bike? Well... it slid, tumbled, slid, tumbled, slid, tumbled and ended up about 70 yards and flippled OVER a tire barrier by 15-20 feet. Nelson Ledges had to get the bike AFTER all the races and use a front end loader to get it. :eek:

In lightweight solo on Saturday 'The Hater' Law and J. Cowels (sp?) got together. Law's bike clipped the tail section in turn 4 (I think) of Cowel's down SV650 and just destroyed the bodywork on Law's bike. It was rideable on Sunday, and Law was OK, but the bikes body looked like a crumpled tin can.

Cowel (sp?) wasn't so bad until his zipper came undone on his leathers, stripping him to his chest (from what I hear), and he got some really bad road rash on his shoulder. :( He didn't race on Sunday but the bike was OK.

There was a few ambulance runs on Sunday, but nothing too major.

I came in last in F2 and won D SBK (clinched the NC).

Joe Ball won his two expert HWT SS &SBK races, Robert Grost got second in the novice HWT SS & SBK.

7. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

I heard Chris from IndySBK beat Jig. Congrats to Chris and to Jig for letting him by :clap:

8. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Oh man! Poor Larry! Guess he'll be a gimp for a little while longer eh?

So how accurate was your weather forecast?

9. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I stopped looking at Pete's forcast for weather.
    The real weather was something like this......

Friday Nice mid 70's at night

Saturday nice till lunch when rains moved in.
    Racing held for about 1-1/2 hours cleared finished in the dry.
    Wait an hour then the sky opened up.

Sunday Beautiful

10. Silo Pete

Somewhat accurate. It was sunny Sunday and awesome, that's all that mattered.

Saturday night was damp damp damp, even after the rain.
    :rolleyes:

11. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Coleman wins everything !! End of story.

That sucks that you couldnt make it Eck , but Ken didnt pass out untill Midnight.:D

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Damn, that tire wall in T1 looks so far away, but guys have hit that the past 2 years. I came close to hitting it last year as well. Maybe we can get some haybales there or something in the future.

13. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Probably had to do with the high speed going through T1 (4th or 5th gear depending on engine sizes)........... :eek:

14. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Pete, put down the crack pipe! :D Your English is worse than mine............... :eek:

15. Silo Pete

you bangy bangy A#1 Joe.

Me winny winny

and yes :D

They could use to move that tire wall back and put in a gravel pit. The problem is that it's sloped down-hill in to the tire wall, so you are just gaining speed as you meet your fate.
    :eek:

16. Eck

Thanks for the update Pete!

Glad everyone's ok. Sounds like I missed out on alot. Definitely wish I could have been there.
    Congratulations everyone on your finishes! :beer:

17. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

At least I was not looking at that 05 600rr tail pipe all race long!!!

Get to Grattan ECK !!!!

18. Sunny

Sunny Banned

He already said he can't make it to Grattan due to being at Seattle if I remembered correctly.............. :(

19. Eck

Actually I'm in Oxnard, CA right now. Have to put in a full day of work tomorrow then fly to Jacksonville, FL. Don't know after that, though.

20. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Call in sick and come home to Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!! :D