1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need quick help, ZX6R wont start

Discussion in 'General' started by HoyaXC07, Oct 13, 2017.

1. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

I'm helping prep a friend's bike for a track day tomorrow and can't get it to start. Its an 09 ZX6r, bone stock. It was sitting for about two years so I cleaned it up, put in a new battery, got it prepped and ready to go. I took it for a test ride and it ran like crap above 8k rpm and the fuel was at least two years old. I drained the tank by running the fuel pump to a hose and into a old gas can and put in fresh fuel. Now the bike wont start. It will turn over but will not crank. Before it started right up, no problem.

I'm afraid I may have burned out the fuel pump. So far Ive checked the fuses(all good), and checked that the pump is priming. Still no dice.

Is there a tip over sensor or anything else that may cause this? I need to load his bike tonight so I'm on a time crunch.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

New plugs after draining out the old gas?

3. Does the fuel pump prime when you flip the kill switch to on? Did you pop a fuse? Do you have spark?

4. HoyaXC07

No new plugs, ran before I drained the fuel. Pump primes.

5. Spark?

6. HoyaXC07

Unplugged the injectors, drank a beer, plugged them back in. Fired right up. Must be the beer.

Thanks!!!

pscook, MachineR1 and Mot Okstef like this.