1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Powerstands Tire Warmer manual or instructions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by AeroRamer, Apr 2, 2021.

1. AeroRamer

AeroRamer Mid-life crisis is fake

Anyone have a Powerstands Tire Warmer and know how to used them? Or have the manual for it?

I can't figure out how to set the temperature. It has an SMI-200 controller with a digital display.

When I pressed the SET button (botttom) the Set light comes up. It first showed a number 52. I was able to change the number up by pressing the top bottom. Pressing the down button (bottom) that just turns off the SET light. It is now set at 56 and I can't find a way to change it.

Could the controller be bad? The When I turn on the warmer the temperature got up to 67.

File_000.jpg File_001.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Set the temp then don’t hit Set again...

3. AeroRamer

AeroRamer Mid-life crisis is fake

That is what I was trying to do but could not set it down. The setting kept changing to a higher value with me playing with all of the buttons trying to set it, hence my question.

After a few more tries I was able to figure it. The issue with the controller is that the SET and DOWN button is the same. It is a rocker button and pressing it often causes the SET button to turn off.

So, for the benefit of others, To change the temperature down on the SMI-200 Temperature Controller, one have to press the DOWN side of the rocker button at the most right edge of the button and press hard. Pressing lightly, in my tire warmer, does not lower the temperature setting.