1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need FZR400 CDI/refractor

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fireman343, Feb 3, 2017.

1. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

like the subject states, mine are both bad. Before I buy on eBay and chance it not working, thought I'd ask here first and see what you 400 guys have.
    Btw, what happened to the FZR forum? There was a guy in there that would rebuild the CDI's, now I can't find his info?
    Thanks.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Try Willie's in Alabama. Can't remember his number. He used to do stuff like that

fireman343 likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I think that was Don. He's here, too. @DonTZ125

fireman343 likes this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

^that.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Call Speedwerks

6. fireman343

I'd rather give my money to a racer if they can do the same thing a company can do.. I like speedwerks, but I like to support the little guys.
    Thanks for the replies

7. notbostrom

Speedwerks is the only reason it's possible to race a 400 anymore. They stockpiled a ton of parts so folks like us can get them. Good people who help out a lot of racers....

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

9. fireman343

You are correct... but I like to support other club racers. Next would be speedwerks..

notbostrom likes this.
  10. notbostrom

You need the cdi or something else. Post a pic and I'll rummage around the garage

11. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

He dropped me an email; unless I completely misunderstood, his TCI is working fine (so far), but his voltage regulator has failed high and is trying to melt his electrical system. I sent a couple links for replacement parts for an upgrade.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Hopefully he buys your adapter to use the modern R/R's - that was one of the best pieces I ever bought for mine.

fireman343 and Stumpy like this.
  13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

FZR's Reg/Rect are bad about melting. I think you can make a CBR one work pretty easy. When I raced them, and rode them on the street, I had a salvage yard that helped me, so I could get the stock one pretty easy.

14. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I use R6 R/R

fireman343 likes this.
  15. fireman343

I didn't get any message. Can you please email me at: [email protected] or call me at (614) 519-4073
    Let me know about this adapter you sell.. thanks

16. fireman343

Yeah I want to know about this adapter of his.. and what year R6? The 1gen ?

17. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

It was a simple plug adapter that plugged into the 400 harness and converted to the newer units - in my case I used one from a 650 Star, (older R1 and R6 worked too, if I recall - most Yamaha's were the same pattern for a long time.) The star unit gave it plenty of extra wire to mount it in an area with more airflow.

You can do the same yourself, but it was cheap and slick - unclear if he still makes them.

18. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

? Email re-sent; I checked the addy I replied to, and it's the one you've given. Check your spam / junk bin; the filters may have trapped it because of the links I included.