1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Feedback on Nashville Area

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Oct 19, 2019.

1. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to say the same thing, we have enough Californians here already...lol The ex Nashville mayor being one of them.

Is it the Murfreesboro VA or the one at Vanderbilt? If it's the Boro, that's in Rutherford County and there's still decent plots of land to be had and I think you'd be happy there. If it's the one at Vandy, go with Texas...

wsmc42 likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

My Daughter's been there for over 3 years now. It's a great mid-sized city, growing like crazy. We like visiting there and she'll be getting married there next year about now. Hotel prices were just rated as the highest in the nation, so we usually stay south a ways. Tons of recreational opportunities of all types within an easy drive. Easy drive to almost anywhere east of the Rocky Mountains. We're spoiled being able to get cheap and direct flights out of ATL, but you can get anywhere from BNA, eventually.

wsmc42 likes this.
  3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

FWIW.... if your wife has any say or influence, the VA in Murfreesboro would likely be a homerun since neither of you would need to commute to N'ville daily for work. The one near VB looks like a 45 minute commute (from M'boro) but depending on her hours that could only go up.

IIRC, this region is still listed as one of the fastest growing areas, lotsa job growth, housing, etc.... Being in your line of work, you'd probably do VERY well here.

Again, don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions!

wsmc42 and ducnut like this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What he said. I live in Smyrna and have no intention of ever leaving. Holler at me if you're gonna be in town sometime and i'll be happy to show ya around a bit. For mtb'ing, we have lots of trails (at least a dozen) here that average anywhere from 50-100 ft/mile elevation change. So they're not too crazy but you're only about 2 hours away from serious mountain trails which make weekend trips easy if you just need something more exciting than what we have locally. Good central location to quite a few race tracks. Oh and we can actually own guns here so nuff said. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Shoot me a pm if you'd prefer to talk over the phone and i'll send my number.

wsmc42, XFBO and ducnut like this.
  5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I used to travel to Nashville and stay in suburb Brentwood on a very regular basis. Even though I'm not a country music fan, really liked the area. Was asked to transfer there many times and would have but could not due to family.

Reminds me of Charlotte, NC in many ways. Both booming "mid-South" cities not named Atlanta.

Several tracks within reasonable driving distance but none right there (unless they reopen Nashville Speedway). Just over an hour away is National Corvette Museum but generally no racing, only track days.

E Reed likes this.