1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a GPZ-550 windscreen

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JBall, Jun 6, 2019.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

When a cheap part is not cheap... Got a busted up GPZ-550 fairing to put on my EX and spent a few evenings fiber glassing and bonding and got it into good shape. Now I just need a windscreen. The only new ones are well over 150 bucks, and nothing has come up on eBay.

Anyone got a windshield for a 1981 GPZ-550? (I think it will be a D1 model) Scratched up is OK if it will "buff out".

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I'd almost swear that I have a '82 gpz750 fairing and screen at out in the barn or garage. I will dig around for it tomorrow to see if I by chance its still around.......fingers crossed but no promises. Will the 750 stuff work? They look the same.

3. JBall

Looks almost identical from what I can see. Thanks for looking!

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sorry Joe,I cannot find it anywhere. I have a pile of 750 parts and even side covers etc, so Im guessing I assumed it was with all that stuff thats been lingering around since I sold that bike years ago. Sorry 'bout that:oops:

5. JBall

Thanks for checking. Probably a long shot. I'll keep watching eBay since I'm too cheap to put a 160 dollar windsheild on a 10 dollar fairing.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I will ask Harry VanderLinden and see if he has one

7. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

I'll look in my junk. I have a solid fiberglass one on my bike.

8. JBall

Thanks Harry.

9. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Sorry don't have one. We used it as a mold to make a solid fiberglass one.

10. JBall

Thanks for looking.