1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a couple 08 GSXR torque specs

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Scotty87, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Put an 08 GSXR 600 front end on my Bandit, looking for caliper mount bolt torque, axle pinch bolt torque, and axle nut torque, and upper and lower triple clamp pinch bolt torque. I found some info from 06/07 models via the googles, but I'd rather be sure. Also, the correct procedure is to tighten the axle nut, and then the pinch bolts, correct? I have the internal hex Motion Pro tool to hold it. It's been a while since I worked on modern / non-HD stuff and I don't wanna buy a service manual just for front end torque specs.

Also - in swapping this front end over the steering stem bearings are converted to tapered roller. I would assume the torque spec would be different than for the stock ball bearings. IIRC the proper practice is to tighten the steering stem nut (the one under the top triple) to around 50lbs, and then back it off until the front end moves without binding, but still with light effort - it shouldn't just fall from side to side. Is there an accepted torque spec when changing over to tapered roller?

TIA

2. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Headset bearings: what you wrote is what i do.

front axle: insert axle all the way in, tighten (manual says 100nm, but i never go over 70nm myself.) tighen pinch bolts on throttle side. then bounce forks as aggressively as you can a few times to ensure left fork centres itself. then tighten left fork pinch bolts.

cheers.joe.

Attached Files:

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Awesome, thanks man! :beer: