1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Tournament | 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I'm glad 2 teams that hand never won a title were in the final. I'm close to UVa, so I was pulling for them.

Wonder if a 30 for 30 will be in the future? 1 seed knocked out by a 16 seed only to come back the following year to win the title...makes a good story.

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

how many of the same players returned from that team? with one and done, I don't really follow college basketball that much any more.

3. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Texas Tech was way more impressive! Consider this; While they were an Elite 8 team last year, they lost SIX players this year. This year FOUR STARTERS were 5 year guys...2 of them didn't even go to school at Tech last year. They were picked 7th in the Big 12 (only 10 schools).

The Hoos had an Indiana Mr. Backetball and three other Blueblooded future NBA picks.

BigBird likes this.
  4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

A lot of people talking about the 5th year grad transfer and wanting to shut it down.

I’m not really sure where I stand on it kudos for Tech to do what they did. Tournament was great the second and third weekend because it was so chalk the first weekend.

BigBird likes this.
  5. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

That's why I hate with a passion the NCAA; the rule is 5 years to play 4. When a kid still has eligibility or graduates, he still has a year left to play/start a masters degree. Many don't like that...kids that stay in school...and on the other hand, they collude with the NBA to make a kid play a year (while making millions...the school and the NCAA but not the kid) and risk getting hurt BEFORE he can go make money. It's a bullshit deal. But assembling a team out of 5th year transfers and freshmen and making it to the finals is impressive. Teams will blue chippers (Duke, NC for example) didn't make it that far...

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

In a couple years the NBA is getting rid of the 1 year rule again, so here's to Kwame Brown with the #1 pick :beer: