1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville Super Speedway

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Jun 3, 2020.

1. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

It would be cool since it's one of the closest tracks to me that we used to run on. I just wonder if they have done any maintenance to the infield since they closed.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I really liked that place. It's where my son got his license and we raced together. And like DaveB said, it's the closest track for us Kentucky folks.

4. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

That's odd, I thought they sold it to a distributor that was going to demolish it and build a shipping center.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid: Last I heard it was a done deal and it all made sense. That place never came close to making any money. This is cool though. Even though I hated riding there, it was nice being 45 minutes from home.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder with all the overbuilt retail we have, if that is why this didn't complete? Out here I've seen multiple retail centers demo'd and turned into apartments.

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Why spend money on tearing it down? The property is ~300acres, plenty of room to add a shipping center and lots of other stuff on the unused property. To me this makes a bunch more sense than trying to run them (NASCAR) @ Nashville fairgrounds where the track is super short and traffic will be a complete nightmare in a residential neighbor hood.

E Reed likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not the best track by a long way but it was one of those places that had a good vibe, I always enjoyed going there.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, they already had a smaller oval and an area for drag racing cut into the landscape, no reason not to keep it as a track. I will be looking into it.

E Reed likes this.