1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville and more...

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by (diet)DrThunder, May 10, 2006.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

For anyone with 10 minutes to burn, I've posted my Nashvegas report, and a blurb about the Barber weekend w. race report to follow shortly. Click my name in my sig if you're interested.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Nice read Dave :up: :beer:

3. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

Good read: hope you have more fun next time.

4. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Hey, I made the "notables".
    I feel honored. :)

Appreciate the props Dave.

Now get on something that you can get your "groove" back. :up:

Scott P.

PS- Don't you have a birthday coming up?:wow:

5. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Great post Dave, keep them coming. Hope to see you at the track real soon.
    Congrats on the good finishes. We watched one of your races from the tower.

Scott P., thanks for giving me plenty of room in Senior Superbike. I appreciate it. Here's you going by. The first bike is J.B. "fast bastard" Layman then you then Joel Laroche. (download the ScottP video)

http://webpages.charter.net/jrmcdowe/videos/

6. (diet)DrThunder

Thanks guys.

Jim, I know a really nice guy with a _perfect_ R6, all set up for a big guy...and it's for sale!

:D

7. DannyK

DannyK Well-Known Member

Hey Dave,

great report. You have a knack for storytelling. I found myself getting sucked in to your entire blog.

It was really great to meet you & Harold last weekend. I hope to see you guys again soon.

Take care,

Danny

8. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Hey Jim,
    I was just trying my damnest to run down those 1000's. They really should not let 40+'s on those things :p

Scott P.

9. dave:
    I noticed on your blog that in the 3rd picture is #558, my son Josh Hunter. We pitted beside you at Nashville and enjoyed meeting you. You recovered from that 62 man Solo at Barber? That was ridiculous. Josh started in the 3rd wave and got up to 11th before he started taking it easy for Sundays races. You should have stayed for the CSS. He ended up 6th and I think you and he were doing similar times in the BSS, so you'd of been right there. Man, what a difference gridding up makes! It was worth riding all weekend in the Nashville rain for the good grid positions at Barber. Stuck in mid pack in all the 600s makes for alot of tough passing to get up with the guys that run similar times. Oh well. Will you be at Jennings? Our first race there, if you know any good places to stay? Is there a track day of some kind Friday? Thanks for your help.

10. (diet)DrThunder

nah, I've never been to Jennings, and I won't be there that weekend. Have fun though, and see you at Tally!

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

There is a Jennings GP track day Friday, and Ed Bargy is having a school on Friday also. There are a couple of hotels at the exit, but I would suggest a hotel at exit 5 in Georgia. One was Super-8 IIRC, there are others I think.