1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep......I’ve had multiple heated moments when people see my St.Andrews patch on a jacket of mine, from people thinking it’s a confederate flag. The level of ignorance runs high on both sides of the aisle when it comes to this subject. Sad.

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I can imagine that..but there are many things that are traumatic to folks..wars, nazi Germany, etc.

But for some, that flag is a source of pride, of people that became a part of our country. Not all people are racist.

It`s history.

Pixelator and britx303 like this.
  3. britx303

She’s just going to keep trolling you. Just sayin’.

cav115 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

You should learn how to keep the throttle open @t-1 Brainerd before venturing out. :Poke:

joec likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I had to Google it... I'm probably not the only one who is unfamiliar with the reference.

But, yeah... Idtios are everywhere.

[​IMG]

britx303 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

You failed. You forgot the treadmill. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is there still a racetrack there? I thought it got looted and burned in the riots. :moon:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Of all the nonsense out there, this one tweaked me the most...there is no way this did not occur to them in the pre-woke days. This is simply an Oh Shit moment.

cav115 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to understand, not pick a fight. You state "that flag is a source of pride, of people that became a part of our country." Huh? Exactly what country were they a part of before?

SuddenBraking and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

In case no one else has said it...

If they can't use the Confederate flag, how are they going to indicate that it's the final lap?

motoboy, scottn, Pixelator and 3 others like this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

I only just learned that the union jack is a combination of George's, Andrews, and st Patrick's crosses. I thought that was cool.

12. britx303

One example would be the Cherokee. Many fought for the confederacy, but still were not recognized as American citizens until decades after the civil war. Depending on where in the south you go, many people waving the confederate flag based on their heritage,are not basing it on white heritage. I realise that busts up common modern viewpoints and people tend to ignore this......but facts are facts whether or not it fits the PC narrative or the anti-flaggers are just ignorant to the many other aspects revolving around American history. Ignorance of a subject is ok as long as people are open to learn the other’s viewpoints before just painting everyone with a broad brush and being done. At that point it’s no different than some ignorant redneck just lumping all black people in 1 negative category.

CR750, Booger and cav115 like this.
  13. britx303

See,being more open minded to others heritages has expanded your horizon ........good boy,good boy:D

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The two sides that fought the civil war. We became one country. Didn`t say they were from a different country..said we all became one.

britx303 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We had a trial separation.

cav115 likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Everyone looking for a reason to be offended.

Pixelator likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That sucks!!!

I've been going drag racing with my dad since 1976, glad I never witnessed anything like this.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

lol.

I know so many great people from the south; I get tired of hearing them being slammed. They are mostly great people.

IMO, the south is the best part of this country, hasn`t fallen victim to the widespread ignorance for the most part...yet.

I`m from Ohio. We go to Norris lake to vacation with the family. Been doing it for 35 years, and know many of the locals.

One day, one of them said, "damn fifo" regarding a couple people with idiot disrespectful kids on the marina dock.

I asked what that was.....fucking idiot from Ohio.....:crackup:

But seeing many of the people from ohio, I get it. lol.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  19. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Another piece of irony is the people claiming references to Dixie are racist. Thing is I have met a crap ton of people that picked cotton as kids, all white.

cav115 likes this.