1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name That 600rr Race Fairings

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Taki, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

09 bike, looks like the bodywork is from 07/08 since the engine covers are visible.

Any ideas on the brand?

upload_2020-10-31_1-49-39.png

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Impossible to tell what brand. It looks like my armor bodies i had on mine but no way to know until you see the quality or name underneath the nose fairing.

Get something decent if youre in the markwt.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Did armor bodies have notches for the mounting screw on the tail?

Looking at the sticker is the best way though.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I honestly dont remember. Its been that long.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All I can add is its not Optimal Racing (unless they changes 08 tank and race tail). I have a set of Carbonin that has the same tank/tail setup, but so may a number of other brands. Neither Optimal or Carbonin have had any indication of brand on any of the pieces.

6. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

I was hoping the sharp line of the belly pan at the engine cover might give it away. I looked at photos online but I can't seem to match what these are. The owner says he doesn't know either.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Curious as to why it matters who they are from? I bought my 600RR fairings on craigslist back in the day. Guy didn't know who they were from. I didn't care. They still work.

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

maybe yoyodeneti. had a set on my old 05 600rr. good fitment. but tail was 2 pieces.

9. JoeyB404

JoeyB404 Member

10. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I've had about six sets of Rockwall body work and they look exactly like those. Not sure who's molds Rockwall copied to make their bodywork. I do now it was made in Mehico though since they shipped it direct from there.