1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MZ Skorpion classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rd400racer, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Alright gents, I have this bad boy ready to go next weekend, but I'm kind of fuzzy on my classes. I know, RTFRB, but that thing is hazy at times with weird bikes like mine. I know I'm Clubman, but somebody mentioned D classes. I'd love to do more than one race.

Also, I'm going to ask an incredibly stupid question considering I've been doing this off and on for 20 years (all Vintage)...what's the difference between SB and SS technically?

Thanks all...looking forward to getting back to racing!

Never mind...I did just actually RTFRB and it looks like I'm good to go in D class. Will I be competitive, that's another story:D

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Are you going to the GNF? I might bring my Ascot for Clubman and D. We could go around slowly together and have some fun.

3. rd400racer

:crackup: Yeah, that’s about the category I’ll be in! Not sure on GNF yet but if I have loads of fun next weekend I’ll think about it.

4. knarlydog

knarlydog Well-Known Member

Bring that bad boy out to some AHRMA Sound of Singles too. Love seeing the MZ's out there.

5. kenessex

So, are you in for the GNF? I will be running V4 and V5 on the Ascot. It has a totally stock motor, so I won't be setting the world on fire.

6. rd400racer

Nah, I think after Nelson the old MZ might be relegated to street duty. I think I'll resurrect the SR540 I bought this summer for some true vintage racing.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Man i'd love a V4 ready bike and race the GNF with them little thumpers. Hell.........i'd just love to come down to the GNF at least once for any class. But that MZ sounds like a ton of fun!! Yall have fun out there:flag:

rd400racer likes this.
  8. kenessex

I'll sell you my Ascot. You can pick it up at the GNF. I have 2 more XL500S projects that I am working on for next season, so the Ascot has to go.

britx303 likes this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No! :D