1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Teknic suit failed me

Discussion in 'General' started by dawtips, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Good Job Tecnic. :up:

I guess now there won't be a need for a lawsuit. :rolleyes:

2. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Damn, I just tripped on my shoe lace, think I should sue Nike?:rolleyes:

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Exellent service is doing the unexpected! Kudos to them:up:

4. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Great stuff. Brian and Spyderchick's posts are very good advice.

If you can, ask about buying up. They might throw in a very good deal. You're probably about at that point where you don't want road rash ever again! :)

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That is a really great idea!:up:

6. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Wow, that's some good stuff. to step up and give you a new suit in exchange for some R&D is pretty good.

I really figured they wouldn't give you the time of day. They have professionals to crash their stuff for R&D.

That knee looks painful!
    Good luck and heal quick.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No no no, it's "I just stuck my foot in the lawnmower, and now my toes are gone. Should I sue Nike?".

That is pretty cool they are going to replace the suit. I wager Nike wouldn't replace the shoe.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Behold....the power of cheese.

Really glad they are taking an interest in seeing what the problem was....too bad you had to go through the pain though.

9. dawtips

dawtips Active Member

The pain can be ignored... possibly missing the next race weekend can't :(

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Triple kudos to Teknic for stepping up. :up: There are companies out there that wouldn't have cared.

11. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Nice of them to do something. A new crappy suit to replace the old one :) If you wear the 2nd one you're not too bright :D Alpinestars has this same policy when their crappy gloves fall apart, and people gush over it. I wouldn't want another pair of their gloves, but I guess you can eBay them and buy something else. Better than nothing.

Make sure it fits like a dozen people have said, that might be your problem.

12. dawtips

dawtips Active Member

I actually don't know what suit I'll be getting, seeing as the suit I crashed in isn't made anymore. And I'm putting in my order for a custom sized Syed tomorrow.

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Alexa and Bill,
    Just wondering what your thoughts are on the use of Kevlar thread for the seams?
    The reason I ask is because I had a discussion with someone in your line of work who does not like it. The person agreed that it has good abrasion resistance but that it can break if it is flexed back and forth a lot like at a joint. This person prefers nylon.

14. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

thread

I like the V 69 bonded nylon . it's tough , sunlight resistant too and doesn't fuzz up like the kevlar threads I've seen. I like glue too . not to huff but in my seams. hey Alexa happy Earth Day! keep saving those boxes and the trees! the best to all ! b bill and darethea

15. klif01

klif01 Well-Known Member

Anyone crashed in a speedstar, particularly the kangaroo version?

16. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

We use the bonded 69 nylon as well. Pretty much the industry standard. Some manufacturers tried Kevlar, and it has inferior tensile strength under load. The Kevlar composite aramid fabrics are generally made with a synthetic fiber to bolster the strength of the Kevlar fibers.

Happy E Day back atcha Bill. I'll keep eating my organic veggies, eggs and meat, too! :D

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:Off:

Im not a tree hugger, but organic eggs taste better :stupid:

18. Jenkins660

Jenkins660 New Member

What's up everyone? I, too, have crashed in a Teknic, mine being the Speedstar (non-kangaroo version), as requested by someone a few posts above. I have lots of pictures of the suit and how it held up quite well considering it was from a highside at Barber. Also, I have pics of my corresponding Shoei helmet, A* gloves, Sidi boots, and bike if anybody is interested in those as well, ;).

BUT, before we get to all of that, if someone could be nice enough to help me get the pictures posted, that would be great! TIA

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Kevlar vs Nylon

Thanks for the replies; that is very informative.

20. Jenkins660

Jenkins660 New Member

Let's see if this works, if it does I'll post more.

Attached Files: