1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Observations & Experiences at Cycle Jam 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by RollieManollie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Just some observations and opinions I've experience at Cycle Jam this year.

1. Ben Bostrom is a hell of racer and gentleman for pulling off after he technically won all the races he entered. I think that should be recognized along with his sponsors and other pro riders to possibly follow in the future. I don't know but, that was super cool IMO. Hat's off to the other AMA guys who did the same.

2. Endurance racing is the most grueling thing I think I've ever done in my life. It's 3 days later and I'm still washed out! It definitely affected my performance for the regionals and nationals. The teams that do it are iron men!

3. Buck is a huge man who I would not want to arm wrestle anytime.

4. Many tire vendors at wera may not be around next year.

5. The C & B expert class's were knife fights both days, especially in the regionals. I've watched John Palmer get hit twice in one race and a video of him being taken out in another. John is to man to admit but he's really hurting and went back into the hospital today. Some of the ama youth need to learn some professionalism or manners IMO. I simple "sorry" could have meant to world.

6. Skip Salenius thought my shoes were cool, so by default I am cool.

7. The CCS races still attract more hot paddock women for some reason. Wera needs to do something about this.

8. The announcing was great and hats off to the officials and cornerworkers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Observation: If folks want WERA to be taken seriously as a venue for professional racers, teams, and sponsorship money then the riders should be encouraged to finish the race.

Otherwise, IMO, it does more harm than good. What's the message when a rider pulls off? "This means nothing to me and this result has zero value to my sponsors".

If you feel that pro riders are cherrypicking at club events then bump back down to Amateur. Where do you draw that line that X Pro is cool for pulling off by Y Pro doesn't have to. Skip is a AMA Pro rider, should he pull off?

Sorry not a shot at you Rollie, just more idle musings. It comes up all the time. See the 2010 CCS Daytona thread :) Not a shot at WERA either. It's one of those 'damned if you do damned if you don't'. Again, musings.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

:stupid:

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

<subscribed>

5. holeman99

holeman99 Well-Known Member

1. Actually your wrong. I passed and beat Bostrom in every race he and I were in. Maybe he couldn't handle the shame of being beaten by a Buell. Hmmm, makes you think.

6. Toxic Racing2

Toxic Racing2 a.k.a. kamikazejane

My Observation: Manotti looks like a child molester when he has a mustache :Poke: :D

Jane

p.s.- Hope Palmer gets better soon

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

until you highsided in 2.... :Poke: i was shooting in 5-6 and saw it through the trees. i hope you are ok.... that buell was lookin MEANNNNNNNNNN!!!!

:rock:

8. holeman99

yeah except that one. still passed him from last on the grid. just pointing out incorrect info. bbs is good for that.

I'd have to say that highside made my personel top 3.

9. RollieManollie

You know, I never really thought of it that way and I respect your point. I can see what you mean by not taking wera seriously if pro's do that at a national event.

I guess it's just a rough time for roadracing right now. I'm pretty new to this racing thing so I don't know how the racing was 5 or 7 years ago when you would have 30 or 40 plus entrys to a class.

I still think that by Ben pulling over was pretty cool. Seriously, he's paid, he's one of the best in the country and he must have some type of respect for us by leaving what's left of the contingency for us mear mortals to fight over.

10. RollieManollie

Haha! I that was the only thing i won over the weekend, creepiest mustache!

Nice meeting you this weekend Jane!

11. holeman99

he's a class act for sure. I have alot of respect for Ben as a person and a racer.

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Nonsense, incorrect info posted here? I would have never known of red limiters had I not read about them here.

13. RollieManollie

I apologize if my information was wrong on your wins. You sir, are one hell of a rider as well! I think one of the only reason I go to cycle jam is to see and interact with "greats" as yourself.

Although, you guys crush my confidence when you pass me as if I'm standing still! :D:beer:

14. holeman99

What?! your bike doesn't have one.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Lots of red flags the last two years. Perhaps because of the narrow track? Because the races are 6 laps or less? 600 Superstock was 27 or so bikes this year - 50+ last year.

Are the videos posted of Palmer's crash(es)?

16. PMooney Jr.

:)

17. holeman99

Was just making sure your not a Buell hater.

I'd say your right on the money on the reason Ben pulled out. I on the other hand, am trying to help resurect a brand.

18. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Had a blast watchin you do work on the Buell.

19. RollieManollie

Haha, nope not a Buell hater, actually for Buell as Eric is a University of Pitt. alumni.

As for you resurecting a brand, these are the motives and reasons that I didn't even realize or think about. I actually post this stuff on the BBS in hopes to learn instead of being bashed like so many threads end up.

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty new to roadracing and these are the kind of things I like to learn about! :beer:

20. PMooney Jr.

My dads' doing his part, he's bought every one he could get his hands on I think. You should see his garage, looks like the Buell factory moved there.