1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My (former) neighbor - Mr. Scumbag

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 2blueYam, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well, Mr. I have to have a better "whatever" than anyone else in the neighborhood was really living beyond his means and / or is just a thief.

Turns out while he was driving his ML55 or 911 and his wife in her new M3 convertible, they were not paying their water bill (now stands at $8,000 :eek:) or their property taxes ($18,000). The now vacant house is going into foreclosure and the bank will have to pay those debts off. This makes credit more expensive and harder to get for all of the responsible people out there.

I swear he had a new mower / tractor about every year to mow his 1/2 acre. His 30HP tractor wasn't big enough so he went and got a 40HP job. Do you really need a monster 40HP tractor to mow 1/2 and acre? Apparently not because then he went and bought a Zero Turn mower. Then he went and got one of those big professional style walk behind types the year after that. Had a BMW R1200 that he rode like maybe once a month in the summer months and then decided he wanted to try dirt riding and got a new KTM for that.

Now he is trying to rent his place out cheap just to hold off the foreclosure. He is even trying to rent it room by room just so he has someone with a lease. Get this, and he is offering it all utilities included! Of course they are included since he isn't paying for the water! They won't shut off the water here even if you don't pay your bill - lovely isn't it?

Meanwhile he has moved to Virginia, presumably to start his next scam.

Oh, and of course he was one of the biggest complainers when one of the neighbors put in a pool and put an white plastic fence around it. He said the pool and fence will hurt property values. Well it won't hurt them as much as your foreclosure Mr. Scumbag.:moon:

Rant over - carry on.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What does he do for a living and why don't they turn off the water?

3. 2blueYam

Well he owned a bar in Milwaukee at one time. I am not sure if he still owns it and I am not sure what if anything else he does / did for a living. I know economic times are tough, but all of the above and having full time nanny and not have something put away for a rainy day? Not good. The water bills date back to before the economic downturn or the KTM, so no excuses there either.

There is some regulation that says they can't turn the water off. It probably came about when they shut the water off at someone's home and the kids didn't have any clean water to drink or wash with and got sick.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what regulation says you cant turn off utilities that arent paid for?
    Unless there are minor children living there???

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That isn't a national code. Out Utility department routinely truns off service for people that are way behind on their bill. I'm not talking a few days or even a couple months. A lot of times they will work with you if there are extenuating circumstances, just don't ignore them.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When his finances took a shit, you should have offered to buy the lawn mower, the KTM and the rest of his toys for 25 to 50 % of value.

It's fun picking the corpses of the stupid.

8. 2blueYam

Unfortunately I didn't know about the scumbag part until after he had moved to Virginia, although my wife and I had our suspicions something shady was going on. If he ever comes back and his mower is still there I might try to make a deal on it. Although with this guy, I would want to see the original purchase receipt to make sure he got it legit and didn't lease it and stop making the lease payments or something.

9. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hope he didn't move to South Boston, Virginia. Oh waitaminute, I don't have to worry about neighbors. Awesome living in the sticks! :beer:

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not as badly as one with a blower and nitrous

$8000 :crackup: at $40 a month for water that is 200 months :Pop:

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

40 a month is CHEAP here.... i pay double. and when your late, there are usually big fees that start compounding.

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

$40/month?? That's about what I pay a quarter. And when I forget to sign my check a little old lady drives over to my house to ask me to sign it. :crackup:

13. 2blueYam

I know I don't pay that much in water, but I did neither of the following:

1. Install an in ground sprinkler system.
    2. Have a pipe bust while on vacation flooding the entire downstairs for about 5 days.

He did get his basement fixed (I assume with insurance money), but that was a few years ago. That could have been the start of the I'm not paying this water bill issue, and then you add penalties, etc.

I always turn off the water when I leave my house for more than 24 hours. Hopefully you do too. :up:

14. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

It sucks but this scenario is playing out millions of times all over the country right now.

The couple defaulted on their mortgage for whatever reason - most likely due to property values plummeting and finding themselves heavily underwater, blah, blah, blah.

Stopped making payments for the last couple years while the loan modification process bogs, etc.

So while they were living in the house basically for free, they were also out spending money on toys.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sneak over and steal the doors, toilet fixtures and anything else you can.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Copper, copper has been a major motivator for yrs.

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Air conditioning compressor, electrical service panel, smash a few walls between rooms, that's always fun...maybe spray paint an anarchy symbol on the wall.

These are all things I've seen in actual foreclosures.

18. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

Ya know this kills me!!

I work for PSE&G, electric and gas company. Mon, Tues and now Fri I read meters, but on Wed and Thur I am in collection.

I go to roughly about 40-50 houses in those 2 days and a lot of them all have Escalades, BMW's. Lexus. Or regular cars/suv's but they all got big chrome wheels.

But yes I am there to collect $1000 or more for the electric bill or they get shut off. Now, if this doesnt push anyones buttons. When I read meters and I am on a certain route, I read the meter in the Unemployment/welfare building. I got to walk throught the welfare part of the building to get to the meter room and more then half the people in there got so much gold on, really nice clothing on!!

.... oh and yes, the parking lot for the people to go get unemployment and/or welfare, those BMW's and Lexus's are there!!

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

"Welfare Caddillac"
    -- Guy Drake

20. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

i used to volunteer at a family services and these ladies would pull in in escalades and other nice expensive cars....get out and walk in to ask for help paying their electric bill...or ask to get food from the food pantry.