1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first WERA race - Road Atlanta 6/29

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by jtherkel, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jtherkel

jtherkel Member

Here's a write-up of a first-time racer's experience at Road Atlanta last weekend. WERA is filled with good peeps, and I appreciate everyone's advice in the paddock.

http://floribamariders.com/blogs/my-first-wera-race-road-atlanta

The Floribama Riders provided tremendous support for my first outing. The club has a Barber track day coming up on July 26. Click the link below to learn more and sign up.

http://floribamariders.com/events/trackday-barber-motorsports-park-leeds-alabama

-John "Ice" T
    '99 SV650
    '98 VFR800
    '70 El Camino

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

That was a great write up!

3. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Did you get to run the new turn 12? How did you like it?

4. jtherkel

jtherkel Member

Turn 12

Yes, I ran the new Turn 12. I was going so slow that the bump did not make much of a difference, but you definitely notice it. The forks compress a good bit, as if they weren't compressed enough already from coming down the hill!

My more knowledgeable friends who were running Honda Hawks said they were taking the turn a little wider due to the bump.

I had never ridden at Road Atlanta, so I can't compare to the old layout.

-John "Ice" T
    '99 SV650
    '98 VFR800
    '70 El Camino

5. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Good write up John...

It was good to meet ya and Im glad whatever the problem with the bike was righted itself and you were able to race.. I'd have hated to see you work on it all weekend and not get to run...

See Ya next round..

6. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

good write up!

digging a ditch! ha!

7. ital0502

ital0502 Well-Known Member

Great write up! Ya ever need anything...let us know, pretty new myself and the people have all been great!

8. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

Congrats John, glad Henry, Dad, and I could help! See ya at Jennings?

9. paulco135

paulco135 Well-Known Member

thats funny as hell. my team mate gave you the spark plugs. you really did look like you had been digging a ditch:crackup: congrats on your first race weekend. you didnt fall off so that just as good as a win:up:

10. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

Nice write up

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good write up, and welcome to the insanity. :up: