1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1990 FZR400 is officially for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Mar 14, 2017.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I see no problem with having 2. And his would have gone straight from his place in SC to Daytona. I actually thought that would weigh in my favor but it will live a quieter life now. It is all about finding a home MH can feel good about.
    I am already being talked out of putting mine on the track. But we'll see. Maybe I should just find the stock bodywork a good home. :cool:

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Condition? :D

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

It looks like a 9 outta 10 in the pics

4. grady anderson

Don't know about Mexico but Papa just explained the dick bullets. I don't stay in touch here enough to be privy to you boy's trials.
    You may be amused that I interpreted that to mean something more pleasurable and had an admiration for your early "rising"
    Tough stuff my friend. Hope you are well. Go take the Yam for a ride and twist it's tail. Cleared my pipes. And way safer than an equivalent exercise on your Panagale

Phl218 likes this.
  5. grady anderson

:beer::beer::timeforabeer::beer::beer:
    Tough for me to say as I have only seen it in person

6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

The thing with these FZRs is that 2 is not enough. Or three. Or four. That's why I sold mine....:D

V5 Racer likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Grady your bike looks good.

8. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

thanks for getting me started with 1. can always use a backup

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That's an awesome 400 dude. If you don't end up selling it I have cash in hand and would love to have it to race in a couple vintage events a year. It would look great parked next to my ZX7.

10. grady anderson

Andrew seems to think 3 or 4 is enough.
    I'm starting with one. We'll see how that goes.

11. grady anderson

Thanks. But the only advice I've gotten so far is to not make it a race bike. And that coming from a guy who makes his living primarily from building race bikes though his attention to restoring bikes of this era is pretty impressive as well. I will be discussing this further with him. Steve and guy go back a ways. :beer:
    Oh, except from Andrew, Britx303. He suggested just wiring it, borrowing case guards and a belly pan and tape up the lights and go racing.
    I'll feel a bit better with a bit more prep than that. What say ye?

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Do what Brett Michael's said...just go low budget and do it. If you make it superbikey it'll cost a wad and a bunch of time. Plus you lose the heritage of the bike. If you enjoy having a rare stock FZR as I did, just keep it stock and race it like that.
    I got my ass handed to me, and I got some trophies. But...I had more fun than anyone out there. It is what it is.

13. britx303

The next owner after you is just going to either race it or dog it......so you might as well be the one to race it!!!:D

14. britx303

Although I appreciate the pristine unmolested ones out there!

15. grady anderson

Decent advice. It is the appeal of it as it is and not what a wad of $ can make it.
    Steve recommended I remove all the stock unmolested stuff at the very least. That way it could be put back to stock if I wanted to sell it.
    Make no mistake. I will get my ass handed to me whichever way I chose. I've got nuttin' to prove. Just want to have fun. After just one ride on it I am sure it will be fun.

16. grady anderson

THAT is very good. Really.

17. britx303

Yeah.....I know:p

18. britx303

And you will NOT get your ass handed to you!!

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just took it for a spin around the block :whoosh:

20. britx303

Nice,eh?:D

Phl218 likes this.