1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello Italy Motogp Tickets / Experiences

Discussion in 'General' started by RollieManollie, Mar 6, 2014.

1. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I'm making the trip to Italy this year and am going to catch the Mugello Motogp round. Anyone have some suggestions or advice on what type of tickets to get? Can you even get into the paddock in motogp like you can in AMA.

I've been to the Indy rounds, but with an AMA XR paddock pass so I'd imagine this is going to be totally different logistically.

Any input or even experiences is much appreciated so I can prepare!

Thanks!!:beer:

2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Went last year. Had a freaking blast. I purchased tickets from bookmoto.com. I purchased the premier VIP package.

The accommodations were nice, but I was less than impressed with the lack of directions on where to enter the track and how to get to the VIP area. Took several trips to various gates before we found the "right" gate. I speak a little Italian and I'm not sure we would have found where to go otherwise.

Other than that, it was awesome.... Until Batista and Rossi came together.... The track fell silent. Still a lot of fun and great memories.

So, make sure you know which gate to enter because it's a bit of a walk where the buses drop you. Have a great trip!

3. RollieManollie

I really appreciate this, thank you! I never would have thought about the gate situation! Where you allowed in the paddock with VIP passes?

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

You can see all the ticket options on the motogp site including the vip passes, which I think are the only way you'll be able to get into the paddock (unless you have a friend who can get you a pass).
    Mugello is one of the races where paddock passes are pretty hard to come by as there are a LOT of requests for them and the teams generally use their whole allotment.
    Also, with a paddock pass you can't get out of the paddock into the GA areas, even at night for the festivities (this is only at Mugello) so you may not even want one.
    It is also one of the tracks that is difficult to walk from one side to the other because of the layout and crowds so you may want to get grandstand seats.
    Either way you'll obviously want to be near a video screen. There will be vendors and food just about everywhere.
    Bring sunscreen a hat and waterproofs 'cause the weather there can change quick.
    Have fun.

5. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Yeah the gate guys can be a bit hardcore there, but they're Italian so you just have to be persistent and know where you need to go (which is not always easy there).
    The VIP tix get you a lunchtime hotpit walk and I think a guided tour of the paddock, but not free range to hang out.

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I've been twice and its absolutely insane!!! Just get GA passes and sit on the hill near the Rossi fan club. You're right near the beer gardens and food, along with all the over-priced schwag and in the middle of the madness!!

From Florence, take the local train to the Borgo station. It's really easy, just follow the sea of yellow!! :D

Station schedule here: www.ferroviedellostato.it

Bring a blanket to sit on and something to cover up with if it rains. IMO, GA is the only way to go! :up:

7. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

Went in 2011, we sat in the Poggio Secco grandstand which is right by the Rossi fan club. I thought it was better than GA as you could see more of the track. We took the train as well from Florence. It was an asswhip to wait for the bus to get back to the train station after the race so we walked. A bit of a hike but the traffic was crazy getting out of there. Make sure you stay after the race is done as you can walk onto the track! Just watch out for the people that take their bikes onto the track as well, it's insane.

8. RollieManollie

Grazie - Molto Bene!!!

I just finished up my first Italian class and came to the conclusion that all the Italian language I grew up with and taught, is nothing but a dialect from a bunch of farmers in Italy...lol!

It seems like the Motogp races overseas seem much more wilder than what I've experienced at Indy. Heck, it sure looks like it on tv atleast!

If it's that crazy, what time to you reccommend ariving at the track?

Thanks guys...keep em' coming!

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

+1 on the GA tix. I went to Germany and it was great to be able to walk around and see from a lot of vantage points. If you can stay in town or even better... camp at the track, do it. Makes a nascar event look like a girl scouts meeting.

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Whats nice about Mugello is you can have seats and still walk around the GA area, unlike San Marino. They "lock" you into your section so your seat is pretty much your only viewpoint.

Get there early and expect to stay late.

11. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

We only went on Sunday and left Florence around 5:30am and got out there by 8:00am so we could watch the morning practice sessions. We also had to stop and get our tickets so it may not take you that long. I suck at the internet and can't post pics so pm me your email address and I'll send you pics from where we sat.

12. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Couple of pics from our viewing area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]