1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MR12 and Pump Gas Mapping

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Deadpool, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

I have a Bazzaz ZFI/QS/TC setup with a dual map switch on a 2008 cbr1000rr with a 2015 supersport engine and harness/ecm. I was hoping to run one map for pump, one for MR12 (track/racebike only). I know that a lot of the HP from MR12 comes from timing, which the Bazzaz doesnt adjust.

My idea is to tune the ECM for timing and fuel for MR12, then run one position on the switch to a zero-mod for the Bazzaz, and the other position to a pump gas tune. My question is, will the timing adjustments for MR12 in the ECM be too much for pump gas? Is there another option short of running two ECMs?

Thanks, any input is appreciated.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

The answer to this was to tune the ECM on the Bazzaz zero map for pump gas, then tune the second Bazzaz map for MR12. The pump gas tune allowed for a few degrees of timing advance, so maybe just short of enough to take 100 percent advantage of MR12, but the gain was 9.5 hp from pump to MR12.

The other option would have been to tune the ecm for pump, save the file, then tune for MR12 and save, and just flash back and forth. I decided this was not worth the risk for maybe 1-2 hp.

Boman Forklift and Steeltoe like this.