1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPHOhio for chassis inspection / geometry adjustment

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mike-guy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I'm planning to finally invest in getting my bike professionally setup. Doug Duane at MPH offers a chassis check/straightening service and also supposedly can "maximize" the geometry. The bike was checked before I purchased it but I pitched it about a dozen times down the track. I have a spare frame that was in a street crash and bent the forks way in so appears it was a straight hit into a wall and all the force went into the forks.

Really looking for opinions on the shop and any experience with this chassis tweaking business. I'm in Cleveland Ohio so it's nice and close.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I would look elsewhere.

fastedyamaha and JustaNobody like this.
  3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Years ago I took an 04zx10 rolling frame that was twisted pretty good out to MPH.

My stuff was headed to the dumpster and they straightened it back to the stock specs.

That’s one heck of a machine they have.

Why not go over there and look at their operation first hand before making a commitment.

4. mike-guy

Yea my first and only experience with him he rebuilt a shock for me in January. I didn't get on track until June and it was squirting oil on the rear tire. Called him up and told me it was out of warranty period.

I've seen the facility and talked to him before. I'm also well aware just because people own a fancy tool doesn't mean they know how to use it. Not to take away from your experience which sounds like it was good. I was basically informed to do some DIY checking before I send it off somewhere so off to the garage with some string and tape measure.

5. tawzx12r

6. tawzx12r

Sounds like he's not going to stand behind his work... I'd move on...

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Run.

regularguy and JustaNobody like this.
  8. mike-guy

Anyone know of a place remotely close to Cleveland Ohio besides him to have the frame checked out?

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There aren't many places local (that I'm aware of at least). GMD Computrack in Atlanta, is one of the best. We took a bike down there from Michigan before.

JBall likes this.
  10. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

11. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

So the guy fucked you over and you are asking about him doing more work for you?

I think you found out all you need to know about him.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  12. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Not a fan of dougie at all

13. mike-guy

It’s more a matter that he is the only person within a reasonable distance that offers this service. This thread has just been reassurance that I’m not taking my bike to him.

bacolmm likes this.
  14. I wouldn’t bring a tricycle to him to straighten or even fix a damn squeak.

JustaNobody likes this.
  15. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I know a few people that have great results from there BUT there's way more people that don't

Mike , Talk to Scott

16. Trevor636

Trevor636 Well-Known Member

I had gmd computrack setup my 636 and crf supermoto. Both bikes have held up well and handle great. Will probly take him my 690 duke here over the winter to get setup for the track.