1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to Phoenix. Whats the racing scene like?

Discussion in 'General' started by MicahSa15, Nov 25, 2017.

1. MicahSa15

MicahSa15 Well-Known Member

I am moving to Phoenix in a few months and I currently race ni WMRRA. Is there a similar race org in PHX? What should I do as a road racer?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Same as it is every where else...a sausage party.

Knotcher likes this.
  3. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Well you should get some nice winter riding in.
    Can not imagine riding with leathers in the summer there.
    http://aztrackday.com/

4. MicahSa15

Thanks for the info, do you know of any race organizations in AZ? Seems like I might be able to get the occasional AFM race in but I won't be able to drive to all of their races.

5. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

WERA west will be closer than AFM. No races in AZ that I know of. CVMA is closest, they only race at Chuckwalla but there is a race every month except during summer.

6. MicahSa15

Thanks! That looks like it ight do the trick!

7. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

ASMA in NM. It's where the cool kids race

8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Chuckwalla in Desert Center CA and Arroyo seco in Demming NM. 6hrs to CA about 4.5hrs to NM. Chuck is a large track, impressive and fast. Arroyo is smaller but the owner and atmosphere doesn't get better when it comes to tracks. We have trackdays in Phoenix but the race scene only lasted a couple years and is gone again.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Don't know about the racing scene but there are plenty of hot sluts in Scottsdale :D

joec, terminus est and JustaNobody like this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

WERA West, ASMA, and CVMA. There are some track days that happen in AZ but no racing as of this year. Desert Road Racing Track days and
    What he said. Except Chuck is about 4. Auto Club speedway is closer to 5-6 depending on what part of Phoenix you're in. also you have Vegas that's 5-6.

Arizona Motorsports Park is a dope track but nobody can race there because of noise restrictions. Never went to NM. And Inde is east of Tucson about 3 hours away, if that.

11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

http://asmaracing.com/ Looks like 2017 season is done, 2018 will probably start in March.

Roger Heemsbergen, who owns the track and runs ASMA, is good people.

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  12. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

This

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  13. racerboy919

racerboy919 Well-Known Member

Don't. cvma is only decent track, tracks in nm are small arroyo 1.6 miles, the rich people at inde will let them hold track days there when they need extra money, nice track. There is amp if you want to run around in 3rd gear all day. Phoenix is a track day culture, no real race shops, moved here 4 years ago from the southeast, big mistake. Going back to Georgia.

14. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Yes arroyo is short but has the benefit of running both ways and roger runs a great organization

TSAVO5150 and bored&stroked like this.
  15. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Hey there... I use 2nd through 5th on my 600 at AMP! People just don’t like the sound restrictions at AMP.

DRRO tried to run a race org. in the Phoenix area and for some reason it just didn’t take... if you are a hard-core racer Phoenix is not your best choice.

16. racerboy919

racerboy919 Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree Roger runs a good organization, however if you come from an area where you have several venues, and serious racing Phoenix is a big adjustment. It's just not that kind of place.

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Oops your right 6hrs is to LA. Indy in wilcox is awesome but they don't race there.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah