1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving sucks.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Aug 19, 2017.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Currently moving out of my 5 bedroom house and into a 6 story apartment building an hour away.

With no help. Not even from her (she has the kids)

And literally ALL of it is my lady's shit. I've never been a person to have many "things". Always been an own what you can carry type of guy, the rest is expendable.

I have half a mind to eat a bullet right now.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Too bad it wasn't a week ago. I had that 15' uhaul in SLC and could have at least got some use out of all that space.

Good luck.

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You have a young child that depends on you. Do what you have to do for that child. It could be much worse.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember being able to get all my shit into a duffle bag. The is became al my shit into a VW rabbit. Then a small pickup.

Now it'd be a big ass uhaul and my suv and maybe a second trip.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

It would take me several trips with my 24' trailer to move. I don't plan on it any time soon, and only once more in my life, at most.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Could be worse. You could be pushing your shopping cart to a different overpass or hauling your footlocker to a different cell block.

Steeltoe, Sabre699 and Razr like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good Luck with the move.

We've had a month to move, so I take some boxes when we go there on the weekend. My fun will be this Saturday when I get the Uhaul for the furniture and the balance of the stuff. I HOPE that I get some help, because otherwise i'll just toss everything over the balcony. The boxes alone are annoying

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid: Yea but there wouldn't be any drama in that :Poke:

Phl218 likes this.
  9. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

There are days I wonder if this will be me before I graduate. May can't get here soon enough.

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Don't join the military.

cortezmachine likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No day labor at the Home Depot there?

cortezmachine likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Slept on the streets for 3 months when I was 14. been there.

And jail well... been there too lol

Nah I'm just bitching to bitch. I like our new place WAY more than our house. It's really fucking nice. Has rooftop patios, an INSANE clubhouse with giant HD theatre and a REAL gym not just a shitty machine room.

13. Moving sucks. I'm about to do it twice in the next 4 months, LBC to Austin. 20 hours each trip. First one with just myself and then the 2nd one will be my wife daughter, 2 dogs, our entire house and my entire shop. Over it already and I havent even started yet.

Phl218 and cortezmachine like this.
  14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Wasn't in the budget since my last job tanked on commissions.

dunnt coming from you though :D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I just realized today that I've lived in my current house longer than anywhere else I've ever lived. That's weird to me that I haven't been in one spot for more than 5 years in my entire life until now.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Even through high school? I'm an Alabama boy at heart but having a pilot's license let's me have the best of both worlds. I love the woods of Alabama more than anything but Nashville's food/ lifestyle is great and being an hour to 1.5 flight home makes things about perfect. BNA is home now and I'd love to stay here as long as possible.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^This.

Coming up on 17 years. Longest tenured house before that was the 999 days I spent in the same... let's call it a "" juvie home"". :D 31AUG83_26MAY86. Technically not jail, but mat as well have been.

Now I just have too damn much shit to move.

19. Moving is not that bad, write a check and direct traffic. Write a list of a map of new house where you want stuff to go.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:beer:
    Don't forget to leer over them as they bubble wrap your stuff into boxes.