1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie - Don't Look Up

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Dec 26, 2021.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

cortezmachine likes this.
  2. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Don't Look Up and Idiocracy ...

Both pretty dam funny and frightening simultaneously.

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Loved it! Two thumbs up!!

4. That was my favorite part. :D

We watched it last night. It was kinda slow at times, but had some funny moments.

I did like the big robots towards the end.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I liked how Madam President sent a selfie of her cooch and then showed her later as having a tramp stamp.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I swear the president speech is a parody of that Cher video on the USS Missouri.

Link in the YouTube thread.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I want my 2:23 hrs back.

A few good gags, Cate was splendid but shit, it was exactly like reading the news and this BBS.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Me & the missus just watched it.

I can absolutely see it going down precisely as depicted.

I akshully expected to see people taking pictures of the impact and posting them to their Instagram.

9. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Interesting movie. There is an excellent book called "Amusing Ourselves To Death", written about 20 tears a go I think. It explains the foolishness in the movie very well but is referring to the actual reality that we live in.

acorn27 likes this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Roughly 30 minutes of my time. I fast forwarded though a lot of it. A few moments of clarity then head bobbing TicTok videos run together.

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've always thought she was attractive in a very unique way.........but man, when she shows up in Thor: Ragnarok with that smokey eye-shadow and skin-tight suit? Yes'm.

Don't look up was good. Pretty sad social commentary that didn't really tell me anything I haven't observed for myself, but another good flick from Adam McKay.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It astounds me how incredibly accurate this is.

All of the social media BS and the unending strife that's followed can honestly be traced back to that show......

BigBird and cortezmachine like this.
  14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

It was the moment people realized they could exchange their dignity for fame and money (most times not even that). Just for being their retarded selves. No skill or talent necessary. It’s the precursor to everything we see in the online scape today. The application process for that show alone (in the 90’s) proves my point.

15. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

Enjoyed it.

16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Shit, Now I gotta go back and watch the end again :)

17. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

Me too. I missed it. Lol

backbone likes this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Yeah, I still call my buddies and say: "Hey, you want to ride bikes this afternoon?"

younglion likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean it's Netflix, you can just FF till the end of credits, I do that on all the movies since watching Spider-Man's never ending credits for the two extra scenes