1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie - Don't Look Up

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Dec 26, 2021.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I never think much of DiCaprio but he's great in most everything I've seen him in. Like I'm somehow surprised he's good every time. Ariana Grande essentially making fun of herself (pop stars) was kind of a surprise too.

DmanSlam and Rebel635 like this.
  2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Didn't even notice but 1st scene after comet hits earth, bunch people by water, is my hometown (Zadar, Croatia).

CBRRRRR999, Senna and t11ravis like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I just want this sticker for the tail section of my race scooter..bout all I got from my movie..
    Laughed a few times
    sss,small,product_square,1000x1000.jpg

bwhip and FastByKids like this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Pretty Wife and I watched it last night - we both enjoyed it.

She was depressed after watching it though so we watched Jim Gaffigan's new stand up on Netflix as well and that was mostly really good - even a funny bit on motorcycles and "bikers".

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I didn't love the way it ended but definitely funny as hell.

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What a beautiful city. Wife wants to get to Spain first, but then I think we are going to try and do a trip through Eastern Europe. Slovenia has been high on my list for a while.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We enjoyed it two days ago too. I really liked the jabs Meryl Streep took at Trump.
    Anyone else think Cate Blanchett was hot ?

NemesisR6, JCW, Jed and 2 others like this.
  8. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

No disagreement here. :beer:

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

DiCaprio is a beast. All of his performances have been amazing. I think his best role was in The Departed. With that other crazy fucker Alec “shoot ‘em up” Baldwin to boot. I don’t give a shit about their opinions or personal lives, only the art.

Care to expand on why? I fucking loved the ending. American movies never have the balls to go all the way and always have to provide some kind of positive or hopeful denouement. This one followed through on its own premises, and got more serious and poignant without being saccharine.

There are lots of movies and shows that ruin the entire film by not committing to the overarching theme all the way to end. If you want a perfect example, look at Dexter. Dexter should’ve been caught and executed or otherwise died at the end.

burnham and Gorilla George like this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Hard to put my finger on it but it just didn’t click for me. I did love when she was eaten by the dinosaur thing haha!

11. Chino52405

She'll be right back guys.

SGVRider likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dexter isn't over.

13. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Way better and more creative than the new Matrix. Jonah Hill makes it out, spoiler after credits.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I loved that psycho techie character. Such a total inhuman piece of shit and an accurate reflection of our modern “leaders”. “Everything’s fine, it’s fine. We planned for it.” :crackup:

The current money grab / attempt at redemption wasn’t even a gleam in anyone’s eye when they made those final 2-3 abortions they called seasons. It got so fucking stupid in season 6 that I stopped watching, and only watched the series finale thereafter. I didn’t hate the finale per se and thought they did an okay job after the mess they made, but it was still cowardly.

If they’d wanted to continue in the Dexter universe, they could’ve developed a story around another character. Breaking Bad managed this.

The new Dexter series does look pretty good, but they destroyed the original show’s reputation in setting it up.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Foreshadowing? :D

I'm pretty pleased with the new series so far.

Can't wait for the abovementioned set-up sequel.

16. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

My view of the true ending was when they were all at the dinner table, "Guess we all had it really good". A great refection of life before the ending.

Chino52405, DmanSlam and stickboy274 like this.
  17. Chino52405

I immediately thought of all the times people think the same thought after blowing something up in their personal life. We suck at being happy for the most part.

FastByKids likes this.
  18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Best movie I’ve seen this year. I was having a panic attack he entire movie…. Not because of the asteroid but because of how fucking spot on it is with its social commentary

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Really enjoyed this. Thought they did a good job of poking fun at everybody.

Btw, when, exactly, did the human race lose its dignity?

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

the moment mtv aired the first episode of the real world.

NemesisR6 and CRA_Fizzer like this.