1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycles in the news

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Jan 9, 2001.

1. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

2. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

After reading this story I had to chuckle a bit. What track has enough room for a 'Busa to hit 190mph in Florida (besides Daytona)?

The salesman says, "You must have 5 years experience on a big bike to ride one of these." Is that on the credit application, or in his sales pitch? Most dealers would love to sell one bike line out continuously.

3. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

That was definitely one for a big laugh. How many Hayabusa's have you seen on the track in the hands of a serious racer? The only one I can thing of is the one in FX, but then I left one in the dust on my 600 at Roebling because he could not get through the back section. (Oh and by the way, I'm slow [​IMG] )

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Orlando Speed World? Thought the only track there was Disney's IRL track?

5. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

I think that Orlando Speed World is a Dragstrip. BTW, what a stupid article!

6. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha. Last time I checked a 'busa would smoke either car, but I could be wrong [​IMG]

This article was pretty good ... NOT! LOL

Well, then again, at least Mr Jones get his kicks at (what I presume is) the dragstrip.

7. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

The only busa I have seen on the track is the one that Graves chopped and tweaked.
    oh well, they are writing about motorcycles so they can't be all bad.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ebsco ran a couple in the 24 two years ago, not a good roadrace machine but neat in their own weird way....

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

that one they had at road a was kewl to watch. it came by me in the truck going at least 5mph faster. busa in t7 on the le......t9 t10.....t1. it was smoakin on the back straight

10. rocketboy211

rocketboy211 Member

Rad Greaves ran a Busa in AMA Formula Extreme that was completely reworked and tweaked with the help of support from Factory Suzuki. In an article i read that the data acquisition showed that on the front straight at Brainerd the rear wheel was turning 18 mph faster than the front!!! Thats HP!!!

11. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

what language is this, dude? Could anyone please translate for the rest of us?

12. stickboy274

i drove the crash truck and had a spotter telling me what was coming at me and it sounded just like that. t=turn. t7...t9...t12..so on.geeez its sooo eazy. you claim to speak more than one language. broken english must not be one of them. i have perfacted the written part of the lang. my mother is soo proud

13. stickboy274

besides after your dyno ramblings i dont wanna hear a word from you

14. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

LOL! [​IMG]