1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle travel / logger app?

Discussion in 'General' started by Repeater, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

What say the Beeb ? I'm about to take a long ride on my cough pink Titan 500, and wanted to log plan the trip on my android phone. If Google maps can do it please put idiot instructions up.

Thanks,

Guy with smoking pink bike.

2. redleader

redleader Member

Theres a app I run on my Iphone (i believe they have it for Android as well) called Eat Sleep Ride.You should be able to log your ride on your phone, though i think it would have to be day to day and not the overall trip. You may be able to combine them later on through their website, but not sure. Theres also a social network aspect to it that I honestly dont use.
    However, the best feature and the reason I bought it, is it has a feature called Crashlight. When you enable it, the program monitors you and can detect a crash. If and when it detects a crash it contact up to 3 people and emails/texts and/or tells (voice call) them your last known gps destination and that you may need assistance. Its similar to the SPOT unit people carry, but alot cheaper. Doesnt work without cell signal, but better than nothing.
    If you have any questions about it email them. Alex, the founder/owner? should email you back within the day. From the few times Ive talked to him hes pretty cool. I believe hes a 250 racer up in Canada.

3. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

MotionX-GPS app for iPhone lets you record a GPS 'track' of a route. You can stop/start the route as needed. Not sure if that app is available for Android though.