1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotorAmericas- Barbers- Sept 15-17

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Sep 14, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Took until the last Superstock race for a Superstocker to finally win an overall. Nice work Scholtz!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not unhappy with the running order right now even if I want to see old man hayes win.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit! Damn! darn!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Fat Chuck, con-freakin-grats! I'm loving it! :up:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I imagine Chuck must've very nearly freaked out as Matt went through those last couple corners and almost launched himself out the saddle.

JustaNobody and shakazulu12 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone who bitches about Bein or says they should move coverage to another network needs to diarrhea and shit themselves in public.

Bein is the best coverage we have ever had and if they can't watch it because they don't get Bein, they need to find a way!!!! Incredible coverage and it is worth whatever they charge me a month.

Congrats again to Fat Chuck and congrats to Bein!

Gonzo523, JustaNobody, 5axis and 5 others like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

Was the track that bad?

8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Risk vs reward, I would say.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I no longer have cable so I can't watch live, but I can't wait to see this race up om YouTube in a few days. Sounds like it was a hell of a show....congrats to the Westby Team!

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It didn't seem that bad by the time they restarted things. The rain wasn't actively falling anymore, just had to deal with the puddles here and there and the wet tar snakes. I'm not sure what kind of grip Barber offers in the wet (compared to someplace like Mid-O that has none), but even Greg and Jason were saying it appeared that they had a decent amount of grip. By 3/4's of the way through the sun was blazing out.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think it was just a matter of there being nothing to gain. All the championship positions were set. Hayden didn't want to wad a bike and Herrin certainly didn't want to wad somebody else's bike. The only think on the line was pride and maybe a win bonus.

grasshopper likes this.
  12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

The way Herrin rode all weekend it didn't look like he was too worried about wadding bikes, and I don't mean that in a bad way either. It's weird that both their teammates raced when they didn't need to, I'm guessing they weren't happy being on the sidelines when they were watching the race on tv.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He stopped liking that nickname, like five years ago DK. C'mon man.

:D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, Jake pushing too hard was the only crash. They just had nothing to gain and a bunch to lose if something went wrong.

418 likes this.
  15. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I was a little surprised Herrin didn't ride but certainly he knows more about the conditions and as said the risk. But he did seem a bit pissed on the grid when they were doing the multiple-lap wet warmup. It seemed like they were having the riders go thru hot put but Herrin stayed out and got held on his grid position while everyone else was still riding? wasn't sure exactly what the procedure was but Herrin didn't seemed pleased. Not sure if that had anything to do with him bailing on the race...

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It may not have been his decision to make. The Yammie big whigs might have told Herrin to sit it out.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they wanted to do laps for the 10 minutes they needed to go through pit lane, if they went to the grid they were choosing to be done with the sighting laps and wait for the start. Teams all knew the procedure.

Lazy Destroyer likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I woke up the kids yelling when Scholtz almost got bucked twice on the last lap. Seeing Jake crash sucked! He needed that win!

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eddie Money, I doubt he'd give a shit if I called him Tinkerbell after that win. :D

ekraft84 likes this.
  20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Thanks