1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP to NBC/NBCSN

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

If NBCSN gold package is anything like their current sx/motocross pack it will cost $90 just for GP, no thanks I'd rather make sure I get all the action and subscribe to MotoGP.com if I was gonna do that. Will probably look into VPN to get WSBK and GP on same channel. Count me as one who will miss beIN's coverage.

2. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I think MotoAmerica coverage is great! I understand they have used Dorna directors in the past, same people that direct WSBK and MotoGP. The Live + app has really good live coverage of all the classes. I think it runs about 6 hours non-stop on both Saturday and Sunday. What don't you like about it?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

trying to find it to watch it without having to go to the intranets. When I could find it on TV it was okay at best. Racing was good, coverage was just okay.

I don't want to have to deal with the app or whatever to catch the 600s.

That's my issue with watching motogp, moto2, WSBK and motoamerica. Pay to watch it, pay to watch it and then pay again to watch it. I'm just tired of paying to watch it so I won't. Stupid argument on my part but I'm just tired of it.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

No, stop paying for all the shit you DONT watch.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cycle News and then buy the Duke video. There was no on air GP racing or any roadracing.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

MA was on Fox Sports, Dirt Track was NBCSN, that might have something to do with the production values. I've always found stuff on Fox Sports to be a bit on the lower end of good presentation.

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Thats my problem don't/ most of the time have consistant enough wifi because I never know where I'm going to be to make it worth getting the package, if I am somewhere and go to a restaurant/ bar, odds are they don't get coverage. When it was on fox, I could find it and had it on direct tv on a boat I was working on for the summer. But MA actually shows up on a channel, austrailian superbike series, bsb, and international ice racing with the little tires and spikes. Moto gp, no

8. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Last year MotoAmerica was on both Fox Sports 2 and NBC SN. This year all the Superbike races are live on Fox 2 and they will also be showing the Jr Cup races on a delayed basis. I think it's pretty accessible. If you can't get either of those networks, all the races are eventually on the MotoAmerica youtube channel. I think all of 2019 is on there now.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Can someone who uses Sling to access BeIn tell me if that package has ads? I cannot stand ads and will just buy VideoPass now if it means I can watch racing ad-free.

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I dont think bein is going to broadcast motogp. That being said i dont recall ads during the race but plenty before n after.

Senna likes this.
  11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I use BeIN on Sling as well. It is definitely a commercial station, but they never interrupt the actual racing with commercials (between races and before and after). Most of their commercials are for football (soccer) programming on their own network. It works for me, because they also have WSB as well and I can DVR the races and skip past the few commercials they have.

I was an early adopter of the MotoGP streaming service, probably too early. They issued a few partial refunds in those days because their streaming on those days was pretty lame. But technology has moved on, and I've had good experiences since with the F1 service, so I'm willing to give them a shot again.

Senna likes this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think I’m just gonna spring for VideoPass again. I was hoping to save some cash with Being+Sling DVR, but I’m getting the impression I’ll be a bit unhappy with the overall experience going that route. I won’t have the cash for WSBK then, but oh well.

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, I'm obviously describing *last* year's coverage... This coming year... Who knows? Certainly BeIN won't be showing MotoGP in the US, NBCSN's coverage style remains to be seen.

I'll take a "wait and see" approach, but I'm leaning toward VideoPass for next year as well.