1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP to NBC/NBCSN

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I read that as Requiring a subscription to NBC Sports Gold.

"The network will also partner with MotoGP on an over the top (OTT) product (i.e. streaming) which includes coverage of both the Moto2 and Moto3 racing classes. It will also host ancillary content like news conferences and special features."

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think your daughter's lacrosse took over the spot on BEIN.

:D

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, if it does take Sports Gold it looks like that is $50 a year which is what I payed for my BEin channel, so no difference there. Already have NBCSN. Only item now is how badly they interrupt the race.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

‘Round here and elsewhere, BeIn got dropped from Comcast.

5axis likes this.
  5. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Get the moto GP and WSB subscriptions, you can watch whenever in full hd with the euro broadcasters. Also all the support class races are included. Cheaper than the cable alternatives

turbulence, jksoft and aaronson like this.
  6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It'll hopefully be like their F1 coverage where they split the screen. A bit annoying, but acceptable for me because I'm not paying a dime extra for it.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's ESPN U. SEC and BTN. :D

and NBC shows dudes's pro. :D

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess if your choices are this or nothing, then that is how this is better :D

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

BeIN Sports set the bar pretty high for the amount of coverage and the content coverage.
    I hope NBCSN can at least match it.
    And not tape delay any coverage.

spoon32 likes this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That's why I was asking how long an average race lasted. NBCSN show Premier League soccer, each half of a game lasts for 45 minutes and this can be longer if there are any stoppages to play, they don't interrupt it for commercials. They also show Premiership Rugby as well, 40 minute half no interruptions either.

11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Please.. no. PLEASE.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

To answer your question, the average race lasts about 45 minutes.

14. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

The BEIN sport coverage with no commercials during the race was really nice! Wonder who they will use to cover the reporting, hoping no NASCAR people. "the DRIVER of the number 93 honder, Markie Mar-keys"

Senna likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

BeIn Sports was not in HD on my cable, so the NBCSN is an upgrade from that point for me. Since I already renewed my MotoGP Subscription, it doesn't matter that much to me, but next year, I may stop the subscription and do the NBC Sport Gold thing instead if I hear the coverage is good.

This is good because it really gets us to 3 tiers of service.
    For the die hard fan get the MotoGP Pass to get all the coverage without commercials.
    For the somewhat serious fan get NBC Sport Gold to catch all 3 classes. Probably works for streaming folks too?
    For the casual fan NBCSN is on most cable networks to watch the big show (MotoGP). I would bet more homes in the US have NBCSN than BeIn.

Yeah, folks watching on NBCSN might have to put up with some commercials, so it might suck for you personally. Suck it up for the good of the sport, as being on a major network with hopefully some cross advertising should help the sport in the long run.

SuddenBraking and Scotty87 like this.
  16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Bout damn time.. the last time I saw a race on cable was 1999/2000 i think. If Ralph too much sheen is on it, I'm out. Bootleg bt sport with Colin Edwards and Neil Hodgson.

17. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

good for me since I opted out of paying for vid pass this year

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

i pay zero for TV and hunderd something for MotoGP. works for me.

Yardape likes this.
  19. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Good news for the sport. But assuming NBCSN's coverage will either be tape-delayed and/or will have commercial breaks, I will keep my subscription to MotoGP.com.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good move by Dorna for the US market. They know they have the hard core riders, but they need to generate future viewers.

code3ryder likes this.