1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Red Bull Ring | Austria | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 8, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone hear from G 97 yet?
    That mofo is on a steady crow diet this month. I hope that J-Lo is at least changing it up, between broiled, fried, bbq, etc. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

YamRZ350 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We've seen this movie before. He'll be along shortly, ignoring his previous positions and saying it's nice to see George race like he is capable of.
    (D'ern is conspicuously missing though. Nobody laid it on Jorge worse than him.)

Maybe the Dear George dudes will go away now, but probably not.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

He must have logged on and read my criticism as he’s finally starting to fight a little. At the same time, he did shake his head a little when passed hard last round. He’s still a smooth rider, which is still his strong point which was the basis of my comments. :moon:

Oh and I’ll wait for you to show me where I ever stated he wasn’t a top level world class racer who wasn’t capable of winning races. You seem to think my statement was more than it actually was. :Poke:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, I’ll wait for you to show me where I even remotely stated that he wasn’t a top level world class racer still capable of winning races. Please show me.

And it is nice to see him race and fight back. Even the announcers stated this exact same statement. Two races in a row they have stated this. Not just me. :Poke:

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You stated repeatedly that if he didn't get out in front, he couldn't fight for position. It got so stupid that you actually had the balls to mock him. You don't want me to pull your posts. Just eat your serving. :crackup:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think you embellished my actual statement a bit. But whatever. It’s pretty clear that he prefers to race out front rather than mixing it up in the field. But all of a sudden two races makes my statement invalid. I never stated that he couldn’t fight for position, just that it wasn’t his strong point. Which even the announcers stated this. Being smooth is a better descriptive than banging bars for his style. Again, show me where I ever stated that he was a poor rider.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Keep deflecting and trying to change the point being discussed. Maybe you will convince yourself you eventually.

But let me remind you that just a week ago, you knew exactly what I'm talking about right now. :crackup:

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course. You seem to think I don’t know what I said or what I meant. I can be apprehensive and still stand behind my observations and opinions of his riding style. I know what my comments were and what I stated. You on the other hand are seemingly trying to make a bigger issue out of them. I never stated that he wasn’t a good racer. Or that he couldn’t win. Only that he preferred to check out and win races from the front rather then slogging it out. Which, I’m pretty sure would be the consensus of the paddock. Again, even the announcers made comments to this effect. Your trying to connect a dotted line when there is none. Again show me where I stated what you are saying I stated.

What exactly am I deflecting?

9. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Interesting to note that 99 and 04 have switched positions in the overall points.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're dancing so much, I want to make sure what you're saying here: you seriously asking me to prove that you said that if he doesn't get out in front, he doesn't fight for the win?

As for the defection, you're trying to pretend that someone here said that you said that Lorenzo couldn't win races. No one said that about you, but you keep trying to steer the conversation in that direction. Lorenzo didn't win last week, and I still poked you after his scrap with Marquez and Dovizioso. So you know damn well it's not about that. Quit, it's not working. :crackup:

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

"Which even the announcers stated this."

That's a poor attempt at argument from authority.

Crafar is the only announcer with credibility.

12. So, are you trying to say that Lorenzo is special in this regard? I certainly hope not, because that would be bag’o’hammers dumb. I’m pretty sure the consensus of the paddock is that EVERY racer would prefer to check out and win races from the front.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:whoosh:

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You should go back and re read the thread in which my comments were made. Obviously you have a lack of memory and you are also taking them out of context it’s laughable. The conversation revolves around what is the best description of JLo riding style. I simply stated that I would not put tough into the equation and that being smooth and precise was a more accurate description. You keep trying so desperately to make it out to something more. Again show me the post where I ever stated what you are saying I did.

15. Nice self portrait :D

TX Joose likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Can you imagine next year, if Ducati had not "screwed the pooch" and thrown Lorenzo under the bus!!!!!!

Once again...Ducati screws up!!! I wish Lorenzo were staying there for another year or two. I think he could go on a Marquez style run of wins on that bike, the way it is coming around, and he is figuring it out.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think they both may be wishing that Lorenzo was on a ducati next year, i have a feeling that Lorenzo is not going to get along with the Honda that well.
    I think that marquez makes the Honda lot better than it is, and that Ducati is the best bike right now.

18. Boman Forklift

My uneducated self thinks the same thing.

I will say as pointed out by @HPPT , Lorenzo is impressive in his self belief. I made a comment in another thread how Lorenzo had the balls to join Honda when Zarco didn't. @HPPT reminded me that Lorenzo did the same thing when he joined Yamaha....because way back then ,10 years ago, Rossi was the undisputed badass and he joined that team.

Lorenzo is freaking impressive!!!!!!! Even though it appears he is probably more sensitive than Marquez on getting the setup into his comfort zone. Whereas Marguez seems like he can wrestle anything thrown in front of him.

jonathanp likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Unless he takes the lead and leads from the front he is incapable of pushing for the win."

"A tough racer can bang and get roughed up and give it back and still win."

"**********Hopefully JL and fans take note on what a tough race win looks like************"

"When he’s not leading from the front, I seldom recall him digging deep and over riding the situation. I don’t consider him tough under these conditions."

"But to say he has a hardcore racing attitude simply is not the case as demonstrated on the track when he’s not in the lead. He’s far from tough in this regard."

I think I have provided enough data at this point, unless you disagree and still feel that this is going well for you.

So, let's review the above: is it your contention that he did not display any toughness in last week's, or today's races?

TX Joose, BigBird and YamRZ350 like this.
  20. Boman Forklift