1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Le Mans | 2018 | May 18 - May 20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 14, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

That sucks. That was a hard hit for sure.

2. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having trouble casting to a TV this week?
    I’ve tried three different devices, all three can cast anything but MotoGP. I’ve tried from browsers and from the MotoGP app.
    It’s a Vizio TV and I have tried three different casting apps chrome cast, smart cast, even tried casting to my Roku all these things work with any other content(you tube or other videos)

I’m able to play watch on the devices but not cast, it starts them stops after about 1 second.

So strange it worked for the last race.

3. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain how the Yamahas went faster in FP3 on race tires than in Q2 on qualifying rubber? I assume it's because of a temperature change, but if so that disportionately affected the Yamahas who were both tops in practice but 3/4 of a second behind in qualifying. What makes their bikes so susceptible to these changes?

twin ty likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They don’t have qualifying rubber anymore

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

There are no qualifying tires. 2 Yamaha's actually went faster in qualifying than practice, those were the bikes Lorenzo helped to develop....

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I don’t think the team knows what’s going on with those Yamahas being so hypersensitive to temperatures, let alone any of us schmucks here. They had a lot of trouble last year as well.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Zarcos lap was unbelievable. Pushing that Yamaha to 11.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and Shenanigans like this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Iannone....4th....not signed.

Rins, 15th.... gets a 2 year contract.

Suzuki MotoGP logic. :D

track wagon, MachineR1 and Phl218 like this.
  9. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Yea, I meant the two factory Yamahas collectively. Zarco has a similar chassis but a different engine.

They're not lacking in edge grip or front end grip when the temp changes, right? Is it just drive grip on the rear when it gets hot? Or are they losing time/grip everywhere? Asking for an Italian friend...

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just watched Q1. Hope Cal's ok, damn that was bad. My body hurt watching that.

Iannone - couple million dollars
    Rins - $6 and a couple bags of stale cheetos.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that Yamaha is garbage. :D

12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

that yamaha was out of control in some corners! or so it seemed. top job. but I don't think he'll last the whole race distance.
    petrux had to go through Q1 and then he qualified 3rd? wow

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The slow-mo from Turn 12… :eek:

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Somebody forgot to tell Zarco. Just sayin. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Nah. The bike is perfect. The factory just has a rider that is old and washed up and his fans are delusional and bad for the sport. Oh and he’s blocking a ride for a legitimate youngster that could challenge MM for the title. The sooner Yamaha drops him the better

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sarcastic Uccio. Still lame.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

At least he used facts.

Robby-Bobby and Phl218 like this.
  18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Nope. I have seen the light. I have been converted by the church of beeb.

FYI I am now a butler because I realized I could only be considered a legitimate fan of MotoGP by the people here if I pulled for someone that struggles. Then when, not if, he turns it around I can tell everyone I am a true fan of the sport because my guy struggled and I still pulled for him

Although in truth I actually became a Rossi fan (before the light) after he took his medicine at Ducati and returned to Yamaha and seriously called him out for the MM punt BS so I’m not sure Uccio nation would have me either but that’s not important now. I figure the butler bandwagon is wide open at this point and will be my true path to beeb sanctioned MotoGP fan

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Phl218 likes this.
  19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

crash low needs blood work to be clear?

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I believe the new concussion protocols, involve a blood test. Apparently they've found markers that can indicate concussion better than the previous methods.