1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP last winter test

Discussion in 'General' started by jonathanp, Feb 26, 2019.

1. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

I could see all of that, but the comparison to Simoncelli is a bit silly considering the massive differences in their early careers. This is more like Jack Miller than Marco. I'm excited to see what the kid can do. Pecco is the one I'm really interested in seeing. That kid is a true talent and will win a premier class championship at some point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a race this year.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are reasons behind his results that go beyond how much talent he has. His management team has made some poor decisions that probably wasted a couple of years after his Moto 3 rookie season. If you want to judge how much raw talent he has, take a look at what he was doing in the CEV when he was 14-15. I think it might be a better indicator. He might surprise you in MotoGP. Give him a little time.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  3. nsouza707

I remember when he came up they praised his CEV record. It's not like the kid hasn't been on good machinery in the lower classes though. I'm looking forward to this entire rookie class. Lot of talent coming up. GP is in a very good place right now and set up well for the future.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, there's more to it than just how good the bike is. He shouldn't have left the team that brought him up from the CEV after his rookie Moto 3 season. He got some bad advice. Plenty of talented racers have had bad stretches (sometimes, career-ending stretches) when they ended up in a situation that wasn't the right fit for them. When things start messing with your head, shit unravels pretty quickly, no matter how talented you are.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All I'm saying is I have enjoyed the Qatar test.

6. nsouza707

Well it's time to put up or shut up for him now. I wouldn't be surprised if the Petronas Yamaha eventually becomes the factory team down the line. That team has some serious backing. I think partnering with a rider like Franco will be good for him. I'm excited to see what both of them can do.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Quaterero may become the new 'Zarco' this year.

Hot sometimes, not so much other times.

A bit like his previous year in Moto2.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Think JLo disapproves of the promo poster from Dorna. :crackup:

[​IMG]

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No, but your post indicates who's dominated the last decade...

10. nsouza707

I love this older salty ass Jorge. I feel so dirty rooting for him, but it feels so good :Putter:

scottn, masshole, KrooklynSV and 2 others like this.
  11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Yet, here you are.

I don't know, maybe we have seen this before.
    The contenders are trying out new things, focusing on development; instead of, chasing lap times to make news.

Having said that, Suzuki has arrived. There I said it. :)

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Brivio said the satellite team is a goal. For next season. Hopefully they can keep Rins long enough to benefit from it. I think he's got the right stuff.

Brivio also talked about SRC streamlining the development process. The team was part of the motorcycle division previously. Now as it's own entity SRC can communicate directly with Suzuki Corp. I think they are finally getting serious.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He also said that last year. And the year before.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

They are making progress. It is showing.
    Time to give those guys respect.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Like I've said before, I believe it when I see the bikes turning laps. But SRC is a completely new development in the right direction.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Man, what do they put in THAT KoolAid?....

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see how MM reacts when JLO gets to the front and is out and he can't do anything about it. I think he will crash his brains out and not settle for brides maid.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Free beer tomorrow!

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member