1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP last winter test

Discussion in 'General' started by jonathanp, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I heard he's retiring...

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That, and Fabio will be lucky to score a point in three weeks.

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

He will finish better than Zarco.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I expect Simoncelli like performances from him. Extreme flashes of brilliance, but a lot of rides back to the paddock on the back of scooters. Either way he'll be entertaining to watch. Kid is FAST.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He will be ok, he is tough. He took a bird to the face like a champ! :D

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that factory Ducati is back in 9th and 15th.

9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

In before "Yamahas will dominate this year" and "Qatar is an anomoly, wait till they go back to Europe" posts :D

Mot Okstef, turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Yamaha is going to dominate this year. But Qatar is an anomaly. It will all be different once they get back to Europe.

11. Dan Dubeau

I'm impressed that Jorge is that close to Marc, with that limited seat time on the Honda and he's still not %100. It's going to be a good year, can't wait for next weekend.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The last rider to win Qatar and win the championship was Marquez in 2014. The rider to do it before MM was Lorenzo in 2012. In other words, wining Qatar does not indicate who will dominate the season. :D

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I don't think Marc is still 100% with his shoulder either. I think once both MM and JL are at 90%, they will be a hard to beat.

Zarco went from being the fastest Yamaha at the Qatar test last year to nearly last place and 1.5 seconds from his teammate this year...

14. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

He is nowhere near the talent of Simoncelli coming out of the lower classes. Remember Quartararo has just a single victory. He may develop into a race winner, but he's the biggest risk of any of the rookies by a large margin.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

16. nsouza707

Marc's shoulder should be interesting to follow this year, especially after a few big offs. I've had that surgery twice. The shoulder will never be the same.

17. Dan Dubeau

He's a gamble for sure. But the kid has got gobs of natural talent on a motorcycle. Just lacks the confidence and consistency. Simo had a bit more time in the lesser classes to hone himself, and Fabio might have been thrown into the fire a bit too soon. We'll see how it pans out. I don't expect him to go out and take a championship right away, or even be a contender. But I expect a few flashes of brilliance, a few laps led, some spectacular crashes and highlight reel quality saves.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't confuse talent and results.

metricdevilmoto and jonathanp like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We can't have anything nice. Rins is going to fall, get hurt and Suzuki will be right back to sucking.

20. nsouza707

A single win in 4 years now? Simoncelli came in with 10+ wins and a championship. I'm not saying Fabio isn't talented, I'm saying he's not Simoncelli.