1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la Comunita Valenciana | Spain | 10 Nov - 12 Nov | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different situation so different tactics.

G 97 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well look who's finally starting to understand. You do realize that the complexity of a race ebs and flows through out as the race continues.

You are looking at the entire race and trying to project this over certain times in the race, which doesn't provide an accurate picture when compared to a specific lap or place as the race continues to develop.

The fact is at one point in the race Dovi had the majority of laps that he was faster than JL.

Now also understand that it was during this time in the race that the Ducati team sent JL the request to let Dovi by. Is it really this hard for you to grasp.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Phl218 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

The point is Rossi was able to keep a faster racer behind him. And this faster rider was unable to find a way around and crashed while trying. Start paying attention.

The Great One likes this.
  4. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Negative

D-J
    Lap 4 2-2
    Lap 8 4-5
    Lap 12 5-7
    Lap 16. 7-9
    Laps 18 10-9

The rest belonged to JL , it's only in Dovis favor on Lap 18 and that's just faster laps that's not counting any gaps

.563 for dovis total that he was faster
    1.838 JL

5. JustaNobody

By cheating and running thru the gravel and almost running him off track ...... That's a great way to get shit done lol didn't say I approveed of the pass just that he made it happen and that's how he pulled the gap

Had Dovi showed a wheel JL would have let him go but he didn't

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

What in wild wild world of sports are you talking about. You are giving AMAfan a run for his money.

Cheated? If that is the case show me where he was disqualified or even sanctioned for that matter.

Gravel? You realize they replaced the gravel with hard pack chip surface.

Again Dovi showing a wheel or not is not the issue. The team sent a message during a point in the race that Dovi was turning faster lap times. JL ignored it.

You are AMAfan2.0

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Racers make passes or at least attempt to make passes when there is something to win. If Dovi had anything he would have done something - I mean, at least pull out of the draft on the straight...anything. All the map8 JL whining is just going to lead to an F1 scenario like where Rubens Barrichello pulled up to the finish line and waited 15 seconds for Schumi to come through.

JustaNobody likes this.
  8. JustaNobody

This is the last thing I'm saying on the topic because I'm over it

Ducati is backing their riders words , however you wanna look at it thats fine . I don't see Dovi being all smiles while talking to JL right after the crashes if he was truly being held up

All the rest is once again irrelevant opinions

And yes cutting track to make a pass is bs , why do you think that now they're handing out penalties for exceeding track limits ? Yep run offs are bigger for safety but it's still not part of the track . Rossi has gotten away with it more than once

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm still waiting for you to show us where Rossi was penalized for cheating.

Again the one and only point you repeadidly choose to ignor is that the team sent JL a message to let Dovi pass and JL refused.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Jlo crashed the Ducati while in the lead messing with his mapping earlier in the season, there's a good excuse! :D

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Why would I have my panties in a wad? I'm not the one making stupid comments.

The situation did warrant it. Marquez could have parked the bike the entire weekend and Dovi still would have had to win the race to take the championship. There was zero options. Keep thinking playing it safe in 5th was the best thing Dovi could have done.

JustaNobody likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Horseshit.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

English. Did you fail it in grade school? :Poke:

:crackup:

14. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Link to Oxley's article?

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Google is your friend. Lazy ass bitch. :p

noeyes likes this.
  16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

83BSA and G 97 like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Just because you didn't get caught and punished doesn't mean you didn't cheat. People cheat in racing all the time. Sometimes they get caught and punished, sometimes they get caught and told not to do it again and other times they don't get caught or punished for a variety of reasons.

AJ and JustaNobody like this.
  18. So - should Márquez have been punished for deliberately doing the same thing?

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yes.

JustaNobody likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course. In this specific incident where Rossi passes Stoner it's out in the open for all to see including the race marshals and sanctioning/ruling body. So if they all see this and make a determination to take no corrective action and hand out no penalty.............it isn't cheating.