1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Damn that might be a new record for Dave regarding number of riders and OEMs insulted in one post :crackup:

2. Yes.

turbulence and Raceless man like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

[QUOTE="nigel smith, post: 5740122, member: 35255"]When it comes to sales, you can't compete heads up with the Japanese manufacturers. They sell an efficient, perfectly engineered appliance. Ducatis have always had soul. A lot of that soul originally came from selling race bikes with lights as street bikes, but you have to follow the market. I have a lot of Ducatis, but I haven't purchased a new one since 1998. When your customer base ages out, you have to find new buyers. Also, Ducati Scramblers were their biggest seller back in the day, long before Rob was born. I had one then and I have one now.[/QUOTE]
    So true and sad at the same time. Sewing machines have no soul, no heart, no life. One of the reasons why I enjoy riding my Harley these days. Back and wrists notwithstanding, it simply offers more of a connection towards being alive while riding. I can see this parallel with Ducati as well. I love my 916 for similar reasons.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was hoping someone would point this out. :beer:
    I didn’t want to offend the Stoner Fan Bois. :D

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Lawson kicked his ass that year. Gardner can still suck it for being a whiney little Beotch when Eddie jumped on the Honder and stomped Gardner with his own bike the following year. :D

Should have realized then it was the beginning of the crazy, whack job Australian rider files.

Gardner begets Doohan begets Gobert begets Stoner begets West begets Mladin....................nut jobbers. LOL. Jack is still pending.:D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, Jack is crazier than a shithouse rat. No doubt about that, he just controls the crazy. :D

7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Gobert's time was right around the era when I started falling in love with motorsports, and motorcycle racing in general. I believe I was in 2nd or 3rd grade at the time and he just started racing the Muzzy bikes. I thought he was so awesome when I was a kid. He reminded me of my super crazy, older brother. (Who loved motorcycle racing and drugs as well as Gobert) It's funny to look back and think about the weird fact that Anthony Gobert was the first motorcycle racer that I had as a "favorite" lol most people my age have Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, etc.. I guess I had just started a little earlier. lol I vividly remember Rossi dominating in 125cc's (I was 10-11 years old)

If Gobert would have gotten his shit together he seriously could have been great. What a waste..

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was a huge fan of him as well.

9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, now everyone who was going to COTA that weekend can come to Willow Springs for our race the following weekend :D

henry_carlson, Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ungwaha, turbulence and Robin172 like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m shocked. LOL

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So why do I walk with a slight limp, have a funny looking collarbone and shoulder and scars on my elbows and hands? I really want to know how that happened.:confused:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Knowing your nationality, I’d suspect you were a victim of drunken dentistry. :Poke:

motoboy likes this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What's a dentist?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, in the US, it’s a medical professional charged with inflicting intense pain on teenagers and prescribing them addictive narcotics. :D

17. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Fuckin' Gobert.
    I think he was riding for Vance&Hines Ducati when he showed up at Loudon too big to squeeze into his leathers. Said he wanted to see how fat he could get and still kick everyones ass.

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

For those of you who know Dick Suarez from Full Spectrum Racing he told me he was having beers one night with Gobert and I guess Gobert has just dyed his hair 10 different colors and Dick looks at him point blank and said “look. I used to spend a lot of Time in Australia and I actually think it’s possible I could be your Dad”. Gobert looked at him stunned and Dick yells out “I forgot I fucked a parrot down there”.
    If you know Dick, and can imagine him telling this story.

Senna, ungwaha, SGVRider and 3 others like this.
  19. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I just saw that crazy toothless mofo a couple months ago at Full Spectrum using some of his old machining tools. I asked him what he's been up to and he said putting CR500 rods, or cylinders, on jet ski's. Not sure which. Said that was the hot ticket and he had plenty of small jobs keeping him busy.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I ran into him at biketoberfest. Was so glad I did. Omg. Has anyone ever been in his office when someone from Japan calls? Holy shit. He speaks Japanese as fluently as they do. Blew my mind.

dieterly likes this.