1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP COTA NOT Cancelled for 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Strictly money, the track wouldn't pay the sanction fee. The riders didn't bitch about any issues any more than any other track and the ones that were serious got handled after the first year.

Youpaiyou likes this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Been to a GP at Laguna and at Indy. The track at Laguna is better being that it is a proper road course, however the event was a far better experience at Indianapolis.

StaccatoFan and SundaySocial like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’d like to go to Indy because it seems more like a Daytona experience.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Indy, as a whole, is an awesome race place. The track, the city and everything in between are very accommodating. Other than the history of the facility, the track is meh at best for bikes. Everything else makes up for that though.

TurboBlew and Quicktoy like this.
  5. eggfooyoung

Oh, and the track margs aren't bad either.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The party downtown at indy on sat nights was one of the best race weekend atmospheres i've ever seen. 4 am and the place was still FULL of bikes. They need to bring that back.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Marg?

8. eggfooyoung

Uh-Rita!:beer:

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Plus One.
    Miller was also pretty darn good with WSBK, although COLD one year.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I mean it’s MotoGP. How could it be bad?

11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That thing over at the fairgrounds, with K.R. riding that yellow TZ was pretty cool too !
    Looked and sounded like a (angry) Bumblebee reunion.

cpettit and CharlieY like this.
  12. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I personally talked to Roger about this and he wants to bring both MotoGP and F1 back to Indy. His "I want" means its a huge push as he will not stop until he gets it. Yes, Indy was a huge "destination" fo many. No shortage of rooms and a cheap place to come see a race.

BigBird and cBJr like this.
  13. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Funny thing about GP and F1 in the US is they never seem to stick with one venue long enough to make it a “thing”.

I think it is because they are not remembering that America the the county is roughly the size of Europe the continent.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Agree with that. Always chasing money.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the modern era, but F1 was at Watkins Glen for quite a long time.

BigBird likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

F1 has been in MTL for more than forty years.... (Save for some pandemic reasons - this includes Ecclestone tiffs.....)

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

One of the best support races for a major race ever (even though it was it’s own event). The first two years we camped at the mile outside of turn 3 in a picnic shelter. My dad and his friends somehow ended up there and no one bothered us about it. It was crazy.

18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Youpaiyou likes this.
  19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Saw F1 and MotoGP at Indy. Both great experiences. I enjoyed other places as well, but Indy is a city that loves their motorsports, and it shows. It begins to approach the Isle of Man in its historical relationship to motorsports. After years of almost unbelievably grouchy and unhelpful security at Daytona, the "gold jackets" at Indy were an amazing counterpoint.

Would love to go there again. My biggest disappointment was that I was on the bike and not able to grab a free Agip gas can after the race. In retrospect, I should have run over to the FedX booth onsite and had it mailed home no matter the cost.

BigBird and henry_carlson like this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2