1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP COTA NOT Cancelled for 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Aug 26, 2021.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

All of the data I am seeing looks like this latest wave may have crested. Hopefully the numbers start a downward trend and there is no last minute cancellation.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Ok. So the sky isn’t falling.

/thread

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Argentina has been cancelled.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Where was that thread?

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thats over, what, two years ago? Dont worry, Probst didnt disappoint.....

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Ahhh so it was old news. I thought it was something recent. A friend of mine still has one of Mavros' bikes that was waiting for the destroked engine back from Probst. Apparently he sold it to someone else while it was in for repair. They were just asking me the other day where the engine is for this bike? Charlie called him out on Facebook over it not long before he died.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I think last we heard from that turd stain was that thread if it was posted here.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah that was a minute ago, when Papa mentioned Rodger just made me wonder.

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Thanks mods :flag: I actually left out the question mark when I first made the thread.

11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I'm drawing a blank - Cliff Notes? :)

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ben Probst is a liar and a thief. He ripped Rodger (and many others) off for thousands of dollars on a bike build/sale.

The most recent time someone came in the BBS (quite a while ago) to ask how to get Ben to make good on his latest swindle, Rodger posted in the thread and Ben made some overtures indicating he might make good on what he owed Rodger. No big shock - this did not materialize.

When Papa mentioned Rodger the other day, it reminded me and made me wonder if Ben had made good. Papa confirmed he did not.

That’s it in a nutshell.

The Todd, tdelegram, backbone and 2 others like this.
  13. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there's a shuttle from downtown to COTA during the GP weekend? Making reservations & wondering if need a car.

14. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

They have shuttles for F1 but not Motogp.

15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

So this is COTA's last contracted year huh, any idea on if they'll be renewing?

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'd bet Rodger Penske makes a push to get it back to Indy.

henry_carlson and cBJr like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Liar, thief, Cat-KIller

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's definitely enjoying the track owner gig and making some cool changes up there so I hope so.

19. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

We will be flying into Austin on Thursday sometime. Got seats in the turn 15 grandstands for the weekend. Staying down in Buda

Quicktoy and The Todd like this.
  20. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

Was money why motogp doesn’t go to Indy? I think (not sure) there are safety issues with Indy too.