1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP COTA NOT Cancelled for 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Aug 26, 2021.

1. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Given the date today, this situation is getting...interesting. Granted, the whole thing could get cancelled the day before & there are no assurances, but given the daily Austin covid updates I monitor & the good info here (particularly the data that the EU removes USA from the safe list), I keep wondering how in the hell could they have a race, given all that we know. You would think they would be concerned with that very scenario, of transporting the Motogp circus to USA, only to have it cancelled the same day the stuff us in the air.

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

last time they canceled what, 5 days before the race was supposed to go? maybe a whole 10 days. I wont believe it until that Thursday haha

kneedragger29 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I got plane tickets but I'm still not convinced they're holding the event. I think it's a good idea to make backup plans.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Party at Crashman's house. Doesn't matter if he's in Alaska at the time. His wife will be glad to host.

5. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

I have plans to go, but everything can be cancelled up until 24hrs before. Well... except for the tickets to the event. I'm sure Dorna will want to hold them dollas for a couple of months.

tdelegram likes this.
  6. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Same boat, but if it cancels I'll hit up Mexico with the misses, no bike but she'll be happy.

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What was the shortest notice any of the other rounds were cancelled earlier this year?

8. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

I don’t know, but remember the F1 fiasco? Fingers crossed that we get more notice than those poor folks.

The Great One likes this.
  9. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

God's waiting room...

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You have no idea the level of mean that people would be dealing with ifnpeople just showed up at my house and I was not there...:crackup:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How does it compare to what you would be dealing with when you get home? It's a sacrifice I'm willing to have people make for me. :D

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Are you and Rodger working together in an attempt to get me in shit?

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not MotoGP, but the Daytona 200 was a little light on notice time last year.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Funny you should mention shit. He was here on Sunday. My toilet is still trying to recover.

Yzasserina and crashman like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Did he ever get any $ from Probst?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope, never went after him.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Copy - was just curious after the thief's most recent attempt to get/garner sympathy here.

He made it sound like he was actually going to try an make it right with Rodger.

Should have know better.

19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

F@ck still suffering from PTSD on that one !!! :confused:

Gino230 likes this.
  20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That was the actual "day" the U.S. declared the lockdown though. Regardless you are correct... a long lunch break, bullshit about a broken transponder system and then a riders meeting with a bunch of pissed off people followed by some heavy partying downtown.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.