1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOGP COTA 2020 Marshals, flag and rider assistance volunteers

Discussion in 'General' started by Yamaha Fan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I know this is early but wanted to post for MotoGP COTA 2020 track workers. There are 3 areas that you can work, marshal (bike retrieval) Flagger and Rider assist (stretcher carrier for the EMT)

It would be very helpful to have current or former racers as a marshal, there is a need for personnel and your race experience would help, having a lead marshal in the group that understands bike racing would be a big asset.

It is a volunteer position, no compensation but a GREAT seat for all 3 days of racing. You have to provide you own accommodations and get yourself to the track, there is free camping in the M lot with hot showers. There are reasonable hotels not far from the track. Breakfast Lunch and dinner are provided. You get 3 days worth of GA tickets, some nice swag and there is a pit walk.

This year they retired Nicky Haden’s number 69, we were all in the photo with all of the MOTOGP riders and team personnel. We are supposed to get a link so we can download a digital version of the picture.

The day starts at 5:15 am and goes until 6 pm except race day which wraps up about 4:30

You can contact me at [email protected] please send your contact info I will send a link with the application when they reach out at the end of the year. It would be great to put together 20 or 30 people to help.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Man...I would do the EMT section (I'm a medic in the military and EMT certified) but I won't be back from my Middle East assignment until May. Maybe 2021 if volunteers are needed then.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Sounds like slave labor.

BobSaget likes this.
  4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Interesting that it doesn't pay. I have "volunteered" for Moto America at Sears and made like 15/hr and at Laguna for WSBK and got 80/day.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. BobSaget

BobSaget Active Member

Exactly why i didn't volunteer this year. Huge shout out to all of the volunteers but i just couldn't justify using my vacation days to go to work lol

Attached Files:

Odilup likes this.
  6. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Worked Indy for 4 years, would love to do COTA but not sure yet if I will be positioned for it. Will keep in mind though.

At Indy, we were able to get just about anywhere on Thur afternoon. Caught up with Nicky and got him to autograph my '06 Wired helmet, had a nice chat. My buddy got a pic w/ Rossi.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

500- 1700 .... 12 hours of being next to the track .... hmmm

8. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

You get 3 hots but no cot.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When did MGP stop paying?
    I got paid every time I worked Laguna.
    Even without pay though, it's worth doing if you love racing.
    Great seats and there are tons of CW's on the corners
    so they cycle people in and out so you get time to walk
    around the paddock during the day and that vest gets you
    in just about anywhere.
    You will have a great time.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

They struggled to fill spots at Laguna last year. No chance to get away. Same at Sears for MA