1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP-Austin questions

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Apr 8, 2016.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Seriously thinking of going....nothing like last minute. Would be a 15 hour drive plus gas/piss stops.

Only tix showing is General Admission over at T5 for $59. Only car parking is showing Lot F for $40 for 3 days. Didn't see a single day parking option. Lot F is clear opposite side of T5.

Is there a tram service?
    Is MotoAmerica racing Sat. or Sun?
    What time is the MotoGP race, 3...4pm?
    How's traffic getting out of there?
    Any thing else I'd need to know?

Thanks!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That is crazy.

3. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

From F you enter through the gates just west of turn 15. There are 2 bridges that will get you over to 5 pretty quick. I walked it today and while it is a bit a haul, it isn't that bad. There is tram service, but not much of it today, not sure if that will pick up. Moto America races both days: http://superbikeplanet.com/2016/Apr/schedulecota.htm MotoGP is at 2pm CST. Traffic in Austin SUCKS! Once you get on the toll road to head to COTA, it wasn't bad at all. You can bring a back pack with water, but no gatorade, spray sunscreen, or food. Awesome track and I am so glad I finally came to a race here.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Sounds like a total Cluster fuck

Glad I race instead of spectate so much simpler

5. caferace

caferace No.

That was commute traffic. And yeah, it sucked. I got into the paddock at 7:15 and it sucked.

-jim

6. henryw3

henryw3 Member

Where are you seeing parking for $40?

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

8. henryw3

henryw3 Member

Nothing available :|

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I get the food thing, we deal with that at most of my son's baseball tourneys now but No sunscreen?! That's completely stupid.

Edit: Did you mean just spray cans are not allowed or all sunscreen?

10. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Sunscreen is allowed, just no aerosol. Prices are reasonable on most everything. You can bring in unopened water bottles. The fan section is amazing and the facilities are all top notch.

t11ravis likes this.
  11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Gotcha, thx.