1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Austin 2019-Travel Info Request

Discussion in 'General' started by Newyork, Dec 6, 2018.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Downtown hotel recommendations?

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I ran the RV idea past the wife and she was not into it. I already booked The DoubleTree by Hilton either way. It gets good reviews and was easily added to my Southwest Tickets on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

We did the Omni Austin downtown last year. Was a nice hotel and in a good area and it seemed like half the paddock/Dorna stayed there, but I think I'm going to try to convince the group (about 10 of us) that we should try the RV route this year (highly dependent on if the womenfolk come along).

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Well, Hell. Wife and I were sort of halfway talking about it. Then I got an email yesterday morning asking me to "confirm my trip reservation to Austin." Apparently going to Brno last year wasn't enough so she's making me go to COTA in 2019. We get to take the kids this time though.

Phl218 and Newyork like this.
  5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

There are worse things in life than a wife who forces MotoGP trips on their husband lol!

Looks like we’re all gonna have a good time come April!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm jealous.

Newyork likes this.
  7. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Woo Wooo!!! IMG_1469.jpg

8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Nice!

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ya got mine today too!

Newyork likes this.
  10. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

So my mother in law had a stroke 2 weeks ago and it became apparent that she was going to need heart surgery in the near future. That time is next week unfortunately so I may be making this trip alone because my wife is an only child and needs to look after mom as her father has stage 4 colon cancer and is in no shape to care for her alone.

This is an attempt to find a friend in the event that I’m in Austin for 4 days by myself. I asked my boy to come in her place but not sure he’ll be able to get off work. If you’re going and are willing to pm me with some contact information I will gladly buy you a beer [emoji481] when we link up.

11. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I will be there Saturday and Sunday

Newyork likes this.
  12. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Ok [emoji1303] I’ll let you know exactly what the deal is when I find out more information tomorrow.

13. My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary at Indy 2009. It was her idea.

We're still getting divorced :D

Phl218 and Newyork like this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I live in Austin and will be at the track from when the bikes start rolling on Friday till they close the track on Sunday. Not sure what the rest of the guys in my group are planning but there is always room for more in the group if you need someone to drink with. :D

TurboBlew and Newyork like this.
  15. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

Traffic from the airport to cota?
    Any kind of shuttle service available?

16. TurboBlew

will be at the GEICO hilltop area when not at AF1 or Treaty Oaks or Austin Speed shop or Marble Falls

17. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it...just got confirmation that the wife will not be coming now just waiting on my buddy to let me know if he can take her spot. Ill keep you posted.

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Whats the scoop on the AF1 party, do you need an invite?

19. TurboBlew

Nope...just show up

20. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Where/when is it? My buddy is meeting me in TX so I got someone to roll with and we like parties!