1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's cheap compared to every other series especially car series.

MyWayGuy likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

if you are on a quality bike, then thats a fucking deal! Of course, that aint getting you a KTM AJO ride, but a bike capable of winning for 750k? Sign me up! LOL

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He has raced at about 8 of the tracks fairly recently

BigBird likes this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Knowing that he has that ride, are there any rules against him doing trackdays or the like to learn the tracks?

I remember one of the WSBK announcers mentioning that some of the riders (Ducati ?) took their personal road bikes to a track that was new on the calendar this year.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I think the rule is that you have to be on a street bike. Rossi regularly rides an R1 at his track school (misano?) and Marquez has ridden the rc211 or whatever it is on track several times during his recent rehab.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

oh I know. I was just surprised at the cost of moto2 now. I had heard 250-500k

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, I had heard $250K was the buy in. $500K makes sense I guess.

8. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

If I’ve learned anything about racing, it’s “buy” the best ride in whatever series you can afford and don’t waste your money on an affordable ride in a series you can barely afford.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Is the American racing team that much? They seem to be a bargain basement team

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They run pretty good spec Kalex chassis and if you look at it coldly, they are FAR from a bargain basement team.

They ain't Ajo but they aren't Forward.

11. dieterly

GP careers, yes but that was not was what was referred to..

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In fact, that's exactly what was referred to. Read it again.

BigBird likes this.
  13. dieterly

Why did you then quote me?

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You misunderstood my original post on the topic . I wouldn't have bothered, but you are continuing to labor under a misconception, which perhaps I can remedy.

15. dieterly

It doesn’t really matter because no Americans have gone to Moto2 at the end of their career, unless you are saying Cameron is at the end of his career. Btw, the only Americans who have have/had/attempted a career are Noyes, Herrin, Roberts, and Cam - that is of course if you don’t count one off-rides like Eslick, Gagne, Beach, DiSalvo, Roger Hayden had

16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I hope they have a Moto2 bike for SDK to ride, A LOT, starting about next week.

Circacee likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

I hope I’m in the correct thread but where ever I was arguing about Dovi, but I’ll gladly admit I might need to eat my words cause Ducati made a good call on Pecco and they prob saw dovi and were relieved. I know first race and been a while since he was on the Yamaha so I’ll wait till the next few races but I might still be eating my words.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I will wait until he is on the same bike as the factory boys to write him off.

19. Robby-Bobby

Oh for sure. But I made some bold statements and if I’m wrong, oh well.

but I was quiet and realistically thought he would be too 10. I was wrong. Lol

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

With 3 different winners on the Duc and them being at the pointy end almost every weekend, it's safe to say that bike is perfectly capable of winning races. Dovi wasn't getting it done. How much of that was him just giving up on a team that gave up on him we'll never know, and until he's on the current spec Yamaha we won't have any answers either. Personally, I think the young guns will outpace him no matter what bike he's on. Whether or not you buy the "Dovi doesn't have the killer instinct to be a winner" argument some make, these young dudes are all hungry and incredibly talented. Look at how they've elevated the pace it takes to win this year. Hell, Bastianini just put it on the box with a 2 year old bike that everyone claimed couldn't turn.
    I like Dovi and wish him well, but his prime days are behind him and the Yamaha isn't exactly dominant with anyone else besides Quattro, that is on a whole other alien level right now.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.