1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 17 | Portimão | Portugal | Nov 5-7

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 1, 2021.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That POV is awesome.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's like the same view as watching a Novice rider at their first track day with their 17 GoPros

YamahaRick and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Marcel Irnie had that camera POV first. :D

PPPope likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shit, Irnie probably has a Sun Don't Shine camera POV among a million others...

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He’s the rider that has marketing beyond a number. Yes it’s 20, but the devil art is much more marketable than any number ever will be.
    VR 2.0 in that level. He doesn’t need to worry about a number, the image is his now. Hope he uses it and runs that well deserved plate.

6. SuddenBraking

He’s on the record as saying he’ll never run any number but 20.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Who cares what F'ng number he runs! He's the next Rossi.

8. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

nah man, Fabio always finishes higher than 12th.

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Take that back!! :moon:

kirk erlinger, lopitt85 and motion like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's a definite no.

VR46 already had multiple World Championships at his age. Marquez too. If anyone is the next Rossi it's Acosta.

Someone bring back the real @motion

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No

Being the next Rossi means you have a genuine love for what you're doing and you're not pulling stupid stunts for attention. You love being on the grid, and not just because you're contracted to be there. Your infectious attitude motivates your team to give you the best. I'm talking Rossi/Schumacher level stuff here.

Acosta from what little I know about him looks like a JL99 in the making.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Rossi spent 20 years having the time of his life, and he took us all along for the ride. It's not really about the numbers, although they are important. It will take a rare blend of talent and charisma to fill his race boots.

BHP41, racerx13, motion and 2 others like this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

didnt you just describe MM? you seem to just want someone who is an extrovert

wac and BigBird like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

People were slobbing his knob as the next coming early in the season and not sure he's going to win the moto3 championship at this point (and if he does win, it'll be by the hair of his chinny chin chin).

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93 didn't win Moto2 his first year either....Acosta was injured pretty badly at one point in the season and who knows how he walked away from Austin. Remember he's also 16 at the start of the year.

How many World Championships have 16 year olds won?

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wait ..what....not pulling stupid stunts? What were all those victory celebrations that Rossi did? Practice for Drama club?

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

All this talk of charisma as if it matters more than skill, determination, and knowing when to quit (oh, and then there's the real blemish that was 2015: being the headgame master and getting out-gamed). I like and admire Rossi tremendously, but this deification shit is lame.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Marc is extroverted, but he doesn't have Charisma. Charisma attracts people to you, and allows them to have a bond with you.
    Marc, as far as I've seen, doesn't have that. Rossi does, and it was very enhanced when he was winning. (winning is the best deodorant/attractant).

I have yet to see any rider since I started watching in 2007, have the same levels of crowd connection & charisma that Rossi does.
    Nicky was loved by the American fans, and respected by his peers, but didn't connect globally the same way.

motoracer1100 and henry_carlson like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

How many wins and/or championships does he have in the premier class over his career?

Give me an over/under and we can make a wager.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Lame? Perhaps. A real phenomenon? Certainly. The sea of yellow flooding the stands for his farewell tour speaks for itself.

BHP41 likes this.