1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 17 | Portimão | Portugal | Nov 5-7

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 1, 2021.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Pussy..:D

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I apologize. I didn’t see. I’ve been so busy and dealing with personal stuff I’ve barely been on the Beeb lately.

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

No apologies!

Quicktoy and cav115 like this.
  4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

That’s a mistake.. it’s a sign of weakness... :D

pickled egg and Quicktoy like this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Nah, just the changing of the guard. An aging (much accelerated with injuries) rider that is realizing he is indeed mortal, combined with the young guns rising through the ranks. Just nature taking its course.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think it'll be tougher for him, but I still think he can do it. He gelled and grew as one with the RC all those years and became untouchable and invincible, and during the time off to heal his arm he lost that loving feeling with it. He's shown glimpses of it coming back the last couple rounds, all the while the competition has grown stronger and has tasted victory. I don't think he'll walk away with another one like he did in 2019, but he'll certainly get another one or 2.

There are some hungry young guns licking their lips though, so who knows. All I know is the racing is great right now, and only getting better.

cav115 likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Underestimate MM93 at your own risk.

Two factors did help him win the last Misano race, a CW track.
    - It rained Friday & Saturday, making it easier physically and being 'fresh' for Sunday.
    - Pecco perhaps picked the wrong tire ('perhaps' because we don't know how fast he would have been on the Med)

That said, nobody else was even close to follow their rhythm.

Only the brave or the foolish (or the stable genius) speak in absolute! :D

BigBird likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I am impressed with MM withdrawing. Concussions are no joke and he is actually demonstrating that he learned from his mistakes of rushing back. Next year is in his mind and he demonstrated that if healthy he is going to be the standard again. Yall doubting him are must be Rossi stans that need some help and to realize he made your GOAT his bitch and move on!!

Joe Roberts did well here 1st time around, no clue if hell race or not. I heard he basically lives next to the track but fingers crossed we will get to see him.

Pedro Acosta pulled that move here last time and beat Foggia. Lets see if he can do it again. The Moto 3 guys have more experience here since they do some jr. rounds here.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think because MM93 has nothing really to fight for, he erred on the sided of caution. I bet you if he was still a championship contender and the chip was still up in the air, you don't see him withdrawing.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Bradl did well here, 7th last year

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Has anyone won the press conference yet?

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

1 PM eastern

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

MM potentially out for Valencia too. First I heard that, but I've been busy this week.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lolol look at Pecco kicking ass on the name this year competition... barely gets the question out and he is writing...

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm still giggling over here...

Fabio: (to Pecco) You know everything!

Pecco: I'm a fan.

:)

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in the world are you watching?

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The presser this afternoon. After they do the real questions, they have them do this silly thing where they all have mini whiteboards to write on, show them a photo on track, and ask them what year it took place. Five rounds. It sounds weird, but it is hilarious and entertaining because you know these dudes hate to lose at anything...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhhhh, never watch(ed) those. Might have to some day.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you listen to Marc talking to his crew after the race he said he backed off and then pecco crashed and his body suddenly felt drained and like he couldn't hold on he also told the crew where he was hurting on his arm, so that's all still concerning for a season long championship run to me especially since the Honda isn't easy to ride.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oooooo....

Le cheese!

upload_2021-11-4_18-17-56.png