1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 13 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 7, 2021.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Locatelli spent seven years in GP. That's plenty of time for teams to have decided if they want him. And they didn't. He is not going back.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

strange, id think the fact that he won a chip and more importantly has started to show that potential everyone saw could change some minds. i could see if he didnt want to go back but all teams passing because he had a hard time in moto 2 seems like poor scouting imo.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The facts don't support bringing him back. Not only from his own results, but looking at other racers historically. They will remember things like Sofuoglu who couldn't hack it on a Moto2 after crushing it in world Supersport for years. I don't think too many will want to take a chance. And I agree, that's potentially passing on someone who could do really well the second time around. But as a team manager, would you take a risk on your own job with that gamble? As a team owner, would you risk the money?

They are not all like Marc VDS who can keep spending money for years and remain loyal to a guy whose potential he is convinced of while waiting for him to deliver.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Sam will never deliver.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Alex Marquez did. He was headed in the wrong direction in his third year. Not too many people would have gone for one more.

6. Quicktoy

I like Sam and would love to see him win a world championship. I just don’t think he will. He gets older and Acosta moves up lol.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think he can be consistent enough to win either. But the point I was making was that very few teams have that kind of patience.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

So did I hear we are finally gonna see McPhee in moto2 ?

9. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

True story bro.

henry_carlson and Quicktoy like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Mav on track. Who's up?

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

How in the hell does someone go a full second up on the best riders in the world?

BigBird likes this.
  13. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

MM93 went to a soft rear late in the session. Still, he was flying!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maverick ahead of Rossi and Binder.

Those predicting a top 10 from Bottom Gun, doesn't look promising

15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I was .. watched FP1 then back to sleep :D.. up again to watch FP2 Moto 3 then FP2 Moto GP ...

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It’s FP #1 ... go fire up the Mini van and run around the block a few times to work on your attitude :D

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

MM wheeeeeeee... he's OK.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

No point in being that close to someone when you are that far up on the timesheets and MM knows it. It shouldn't impact his weekend as the mechanics won't mind as long as he keeps the pace he has shown so far.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shit!

Go Cal...! :D

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Only a racer and probably one that has been on the sidelines awhile would get Cal’s celebration. It’s that feeling of I just nailed that and I still have IT!